General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Honda Accord Sedan 5-Speed 4 cycl

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Default RE: 93 Honda Accord Sedan 5-Speed 4 cycl

The ZFR5FIX-11 is the NGK Iridium IX Plugs for the Honda.

Ok, I will just use Mobil Clean 5000 motor oil then (All my cars use Mobil One 10w-30) and I have a good bit of it around the house. I have a drum full of this stuff.

Is there a Heavy Duty replacement for those Front Motor Mounts?

What is need to adj the Valves? I am really new to that. Never dont Internal Engine work..

Thanks
Anthony
BTW. I also bought Pads and Rotors. Bendix Pads and WearEver Rotors. But I cant Figure out how u take the rotor off. On My Jeep u just take off the wheel and caliper and it rolls off. So far I tooked out the Caliper and Caliper Braket and Pads. Now I have the Rotor to take off. I see like 6-7 Bolts on the Rotor and A Big Center Nut. So How do I take it off?

Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: RoKnAzn

The ZFR5FIX-11 is the NGK Iridium IX Plugs for the Honda.

Ok, I will just use Mobil Clean 5000 motor oil then (All my cars use Mobil One 10w-30) and I have a good bit of it around the house. I have a drum full of this stuff.

Is there a Heavy Duty replacement for those Front Motor Mounts?

What is need to adj the Valves? I am really new to that. Never dont Internal Engine work..

Thanks
Anthony
BTW. I also bought Pads and Rotors. Bendix Pads and WearEver Rotors. But I cant Figure out how u take the rotor off. On My Jeep u just take off the wheel and caliper and it rolls off. So far I tooked out the Caliper and Caliper Braket and Pads. Now I have the Rotor to take off. I see like 6-7 Bolts on the Rotor and A Big Center Nut. So How do I take it off?

I went online to look up the iridium plugs and it says what you say,, that you can use them on a 93 accord and that is the correct # ,, I learned a new thing this evening about iridium plugs On the newer Hondas that take iridium plugs it start with IZFR...... so i ASSUMED all iridium plugs would start with the I at the front ,like the platinum plugs start with the P ... like i said i learned a new thing this evening ....

as for valve adjustment '

if you go to the DIY section ,it will tell you how to and what you need to adjust valves,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is also a write up on how to replace the rotors, it is not as simple as taking 6-7 bolts and the big center nut ,,,yours is a hub over rotor ..

go to DIY and do some looking around and some reading ,, If you still plan on doing it yourself we will be here to help..

Old 06-13-2006, 11:56 AM

Yesterday, I Tuned Up my Brother's Honda. Oil Change with Oil Filter, Iridium IX Spark Plugs with NGK Spark Plugs Wires, Change the Valve Cover Gasket with New Plug Rings, Cap and Rotor (Button). I forgot to adj the Valves. Is that a really big concern? If so I will pop the Valve Cover againa and adj it.

Thanks
Anthony

Old 06-13-2006, 12:41 PM

Anthony.........If the valves are noisy I would go back and adjust them,,, If not noisy and since you got it all back together you can do them at a later date.

Good job on doing the tune up

Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 PM

It is not noise at all..Really smooth reving motor..Much better before I did the tune up. There is a big Vibration going on but waiting for the front mount to see that will change the problem.. Later today I will Change the Fuel Filter and put the brakes on. Not going to change anything due to the Front Mount. If it still vibs after I put the mount then it is time for new rotors and pads.

Thanks
Anthony
BTW. How do u change the Serpentine belt? It is really tight in there. There is no write up on timing belt replacement?

Old 06-14-2006, 12:23 AM

Ok, Just got done changeing the Fuel Filter and put Lucas Fuel Injection Cleaner on Empty tank of gas. Drove to the gas station and Poured Preminum BP Gas. I would say that the car ran much better then before..Great Throttle Responds. Waiting on the Front Motor Mount and see how much smoother the ride is going to be.. BTW...is there any online Junkyard for this Model car? need to get some interior parts..

Thanks
Anthony

Old 06-14-2006, 04:42 AM

p/s and alt belts are pretty easy to replace,,
loosen up both nuts that hold the p/s pump on, from the frt of the pump , there is a 10mm bolt that's the tensioner, loosen it up to give slack to belt, remove p/s belt.

loosen the top alt bolt 14 mm and the lower nut 12 mm ,, from the frt of the alternator, there is a 19mm adjuster bolt, loosen it up till belt has enough slack to be removed,,,
CAREFUL not to undo the alt tensioner bolt all the way out ,, it could be a bit of a pain to line up again..
Install new belts, adjust the tension and tighten all the bolts and nuts ,,

As for the timing belt write up,, it would be a long write up and it is a good idea to look at pictures as well.. I would reccomend getting an HELM manual if one plans to do such a job

www.helminc.com

Old 06-14-2006, 12:51 PM

I went to www.Helminc.com and dont see one for the 93 Honda Accord. But I do have a Hanyes manual I got at Advance Auto Parts.

Anthony
BTW. Is there such thing in High Performance Motor Mount?

Old 06-14-2006, 01:26 PM

call helm inc and talk to them.. the helms manuals are far better than haynes ,, it is what we use at dealerships

1-800-782-4356

Old 06-14-2006, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RoKnAzn

BTW. Is there such thing in High Performance Motor Mount?
Yea but they aren't cheap and the performance they add isn't worth it. The mounts give you a better launch, but you don't really need them and there are a bunch of things that will give you more power for the same price.

Quick Reply: 93 Honda Accord Sedan 5-Speed 4 cycl