General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 acc vtech clutch prob

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Default 94 acc vtech clutch prob

I recently replaced clutch master cylinder because it was leaking fluid into the car. Now that its replaced it wont turn over at all its almost like the clutch isnt engaged. Could it need adjusting at the pushrod or possibly the clutch interlock switch. I'm stumped and have no ride at this time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You probably buggered the clutch switch which is easy to do (guess how I know!). It has some small plastic clips which anchor it and if you break them, you're hosed. It's aksi possible the switch has simply stuck in the open position (doesn't close as you push the clutch). If you see no damage, spray liberally w/ WD40 or other light lubricant and work the switch action manually.

good luck

Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 PM

I think you need to explain a little more clearly what the problem is.

Does the engine turn over and not start?
Does the starter motor make noise, but not turn the engine over?
Or does nothing happen when your turn the key?

Did you bleed the clutch after replaicng the MC?
Does the pedal work, and feel good? (you should be able to put it in gear, and with the clutch in push the car, and with the clutch out, not be able to push the car)
Is this a silly US car with the interlock on it? If so have you checed the switch and wiring?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:28 PM

first of all thank you very much for your reply. all the dash lights come on but i cannot hear the starter at all its as if im trying to start the car without pushing in the clutch. yes i bled the clutch it feels ok , with the ckutch in gear if you push hard it will roll a bit. we also tryed to jump it and it wouldnt start by "popping the clutch". there are to switches a lower and upper cant even see the upper one. any suggestions.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:33 PM

I'm not familar with the cut out switchs on the clutch (never got them on our Hondas, its a US only thing).

But it sounds like TexasHonda has exactly the right answer.

Get your head in there and have a look

Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

An easy way to test this is to unplug the cut out switch and jump the two pins on the wire side with a paperclip. Put the car in neutral and try to start the car.

If you have cruise control on your car, there will be two sensors down there. The one you want has two wires. That switch is more parallel to the floor.

The cruise control switch has 3 wires going to it and is angled relative to the floor.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:08 PM

maybe a silly question but when trying to start the car with switch jumped do i engge clutch as normal? is this in any way going to damage anything electrical? REALLY REALLY need my car operational but dont want to take a chance on more problems

Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 PM

i have also realized on the switch there is a rubber and or plastic stopper supposed to be connected to the pedal wich engages the switch. is this correct?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think that there is anything supposed to be on the pedal. The plunger should be part of the switch.

That switch is a safety feature to ensure that you don't try to start the car when it is in gear with the clutch released. That is all that it is used for.

It is safe to start the car with that switch jumped. Just make sure that you are in neutral or you have the clutch pushed in. Use it as a TEMPORARY fix until you can replace or repair that switch.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 AM

thanks ill give it a shot and let you know if i have any luck.

Quick Reply: 94 acc vtech clutch prob