General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Default 94 accord

I got a 94 accord 4 cly vtec that has been sitting for about 4 years I got it running I have a sputter that starts when I first step on the gas and then gose away until I am at one speed then it starts to sputter again and its just any speed none in paticular until I either give it more gas or take my foot off the gas. I have changed the plugs,wires, rotor, and coil. along with that I changed fuel filter, timing belt and tensioners, cleaned the throttle body and the EGR valve also oil and coolant also changed the 02. I have run out of idea's about this dose anyone have any other idea's?

Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Does the check engine light turn on while driving?

Since it sat for so long, I would check for nests in the air duct and below the air filter as well.

You can also clean the EGR ports on the intake manifold. Hondadude wrote a DIY in the DIY Answers forum.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM

No check engine light at driving or idling the intake ports are clean

Old 09-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Check the fuel pressure and the regulator (FPR). I'll also assume you've put fresh gas in it since you've gotten it back on the road.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 PM

I have with some injector cleaner a few times and octane booster i'll check the FPR