General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 Accord Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Default 91 Accord Radio

The volume control in my 91 accord has a tendency to not work at times. This is an original factory radio with the lever up/down **** for vulume control, At times the radio will go off completely for a while and I will have to fiddle with the lever to get it to ocme back on. It seems to be getting more touchy as time goes on--maybe the cold weather?? Anyone know of what I could do to fix this problem without pulling the radio out?? I am assuming that it is not making a good connection at all times--maybe dirty?? Thanks for advice..

Old 12-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 91 Accord Radio

it sounds to me like an internal radio problem,,

Old 12-08-2006, 05:39 AM
Default RE: 91 Accord Radio

Ive also got a 91 and the radio cuts out like the bose systems ive had in the past. The speakers also look fairly similar to bose, though cheaper. If it is an "unbadged" version of the same, then the amps located on the speakers are junk and likely the problem. My speakers come on and off independtly....no rhyme or reason, though a good bump always seems to do *something*.

Honestly, unless you REALLY like the stock radio, it would be easier, cheaper, and more reliable to get something aftermarket, than trying to fix the stocker. Not to mention the "fun" of car audio!!! Every accord needs some bumps in the trunk right???

If it is like the bose your gonna have to replace the speakers and probably run new speaker wire for an aftermarker headunit. But its well worth it.....ive never liked bose...."if it aint got highs, and it aint got lows.......must be blows......i mean bose". I apologize in advance to all the bose owners out there.....just a personal preference thing. To be fair, Bose's work in coupled rear chamber bandpass box design is second to none(not to mention they still hold many patents).