General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord Headlight modify

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 PM
reedxiong
Unregistered
Default 94 Accord Headlight modify

Guys, i am new here, so appreciate if there is any help can be found here.

i am in Japan, so, enough said about that... i have a 94 Accord, F22B. love the car, and tried to do the external kit myself, so i bought the LED Eagle eyes Head light (Black), however, after fitting to my car, i got pull over by cops said that my light sights are wrong, need to be corrected to japanese Spec..

there isn't any manual about how to change that... so, i am listing help from this form, hopefully, i can find some answers, like i said, any help will be really appreciated!

Richard

Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I dont quite understand,but its either 1.your lights aren't aimed properly,or 2.Leds are not allowed in JDM land.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:16 PM
reedxiong
Unregistered

i think he refer to the aim of the Light.. LEDs are wildly used here, so i don't think that was an issue. how do i aim properly?

Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 AM

You want to get a good level,where it is safe for you to see,but would not blind oncoming traffic. Since im not to familiar with the headlights you have,but on oem housing,a screw mechanism levels the aim. Best way to aim is facing a garage door,or wall.Also find out where exactly they need to be aimed.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:39 AM
reedxiong
Unregistered

Thanks... i am looking through the box manual as well... Good to be on board!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:18 AM

Measure the height of the middle of the projector to the ground on a level surface. At 20 feet away from the car, the projector cut off line should be 2 inches below the measured projector lens height.

So if the projector height is X, then the cutoff height should be x-2 at 20 ft away.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:20 AM

Also, Japan is right-hand drive, correct? Did you buy the projectors off eBay? Where were they shipped from?

Our projectors sold here in the US have a wider and higher beam on the right and a lower one on the left so we don't blind the cars driving at us from the left side.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by finch13
Also, Japan is right-hand drive, correct? Did you buy the projectors off eBay? Where were they shipped from?

Our projectors sold here in the US have a wider and higher beam on the right and a lower one on the left so we don't blind the cars driving at us from the left side.
And in UK & Japan, the beam shape should be sorta the mirror-image of that. For projectors, it's probably as simple as a different mask inserted somewhere in the optical path. Dismantling & interchanging that mask might not be real easy...

I say "sorta" mirror-imaged, because each country can potentially dictate a particular shape to the beam. Some places it's sorta pie-shaped & others it's Z-shaped.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:28 PM
reedxiong
Unregistered

well, i put my old light set back on yesterday, i will try to work on the Project Headlight later...

Finch13, my sets are shipped from L.A, of course, the U.S., should i return the product and try to get another one from the Japanese site?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by reedxiong
well, i put my old light set back on yesterday, i will try to work on the Project Headlight later...

Finch13, my sets are shipped from L.A, of course, the U.S., should i return the product and try to get another one from the Japanese site?
At this point, you'd probably lose money having to ship them back...

I'd keep looking for a RHD set, which would be hard to find, or start researching a projector retrofit. I'm sure there is a nice supply of right hand drive projector sets in JDM land. Hope you don't get offended by us calling Japan that, but you guys get all the goodies we don't

Quick Reply: 94 Accord Headlight modify