General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Accord What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Default 94 Accord What to do?

I just bought a 94 accord dx with 146,000 miles. I have no idea about any maintance on this car that has been done to it. The car is completely stock with 2.2 liter, auto with A/C. My question is about general maintance on this car. What are the better spark plugs and wires to be put on it. Cold air intake and Chaining out the water pump and timing belt and gasket (I can see it will be a very tight area to work in). I general idea on what it will take to do the job. I worked a lot on Jags XJ8, SKR,XJ6 etc... Also, the accord engine light is on..(o2 sensor?) If I do buy a water pump and timing belt is it best to buy factory parts? any info on this matter will be great..thanks Mark (pensacola)

Old 04-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hi Member

This post was in the wrong forum, so I moved to this correct forum..

WheelBrokerAng Thank You for posting

Old 04-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

I typically stick with OEM parts especially for the ignition.

Use the NGK plugs that are recommended in the owners manual, and you can get them at any parts store. Honda spark plug wires last forever, so replace with OEM or NGK or Denso if needed. OEM distributor cap and rotor are good quality.

I would use the honda water pump and timing belts. Replace the thermostat (OEM) and the coolant when you go to do the timing belts.

One other item you should download is the 94 shop manual that you can get from the online manuals thread in the DIY section. You may have to change the display settings at the bottom to show all of the threads.

Also get the check engine light codes. There is a writeup in the DIY section on how to get CEL codes.