General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 cd7 code 6 ect still?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Default 94 cd7 code 6 ect still?

hey, Just recently changed my ect, the one with 2 wires, and the car started up, but the check engine light came on like a week later, i thought it was because the sensor right next to it, the temperature sensor, was bad, because in the mornings, it would warm up but the dashboard showed it was cold for like 15m, i changed that one yesterday, and works now, but the check engine light is still on! ))):. I changed ect and ect temperature sender, and checked the green and red wire and it was a bit cut, so i cut and rewired but it still has the check engine light on? Im thinking of going to honda, and buying another ect switch from them, but heres the thing, The ect was working fine until yesterday, when i changed my temperature sender, i ran it for like 20m, and didnt know that anti freeze would splash out, the next morning, i tried starting and engine would turn on, for like 2 seconds, then die, then it wouldnt turn at all, once i got it to turn on, i left at 2k rpms for like 4m, and then the motor stayed on. Sorry if this is a recurring question, i searched but the other problems arent like mine, any tips on what else to check? I already changed ect sensor, the temperature sensor, and resetted the ecu multiple times. CE Code 6 stays on from the start

Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

The ECT (the one setting the code) has a red/white wire and a green/blue wire going to it. red/white = red wire with a white stripe.

This sensor is below the distributor, not on the thermostat housing, and does not have a green plastic electrical connector.

Just want to make sure you replaced the correct sensor. The terminology can get confusing.