Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   95 Accord LX Largo (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/95-accord-lx-largo-12066/)

Samio866 08-28-2007 11:04 AM

95 Accord LX Largo

Hi guys, I just got my Honda Accord LX Largo Edition with 118K Miles for $3,850. I'm looking into buying after market products for this thing... its my first car and obviously I'm going to put some money into it... I will provide pictures and this thread will be continued until I'm statisfied on how it looks or if I decide to stop... I would appreciate anyone's input. Well, first thing first... it needs tints...

Tints will be about $60 dollors if my connections are correct... whats next after that? Interior sucks like hell, I need aftermarket cd player... should I aim for 2 DIN or 1 DIN? (It seems to have space for 2 DIN)

Feel free to ask any questions! I live in Miami by the way...

(Took new measurements, this car is really low lol... Front Bumper is 9 inches of the floor and back bumper is 10 inches. I really wanted to put a body kit on this beastly thing...)

The gas meter guage seems to be moving up and down fairly slowly... I recently filled the tank to the brim and its not going straight to F for full, instead its going to E for excellent... any troubleshooting tips or ways to fix it?

sir_nasty 08-28-2007 12:11 PM

RE: 95 Accord LX Largo

Fuel guages are a common issues with 94-95's, just do a search in the forum and you'll find lots of info, it's either the tank guage or the sending unit usually.... What's a Largo edition?

Samio866 08-28-2007 07:04 PM

Honestly, I dont know whats a Largo Edition... it just says Largo on the lower left hand side of the trunk. Lol, anyways thanks for the tip... I will search right now.

smaglik 08-29-2007 03:01 PM

wtf? post a pic of it...

Samio866 08-29-2007 04:21 PM

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=63ioplg
http://i13.tinypic.com/5zpnl79.jpg

its a largo lmao, anyways i wanna know what would look good on a light blue car, or if i should paint it pearl white and have smoked or dark smoked headlights and taillights, i want to transform this car and give it a makeover it truly deserves, engine is very strong too! still running smooth... i want to know a good site on wear to buy parts for honda accord 94-95... somthing worth the money that im putting into this car...

smaglik 08-29-2007 04:29 PM

i would guess its the name of the dealer who originally sold it...

http://www.largoautomotive.com/

Samio866 08-29-2007 04:33 PM

I don't think so, however you may be correct, thanks, i would appreciate it if i receive help on how to order aftermarket parts for my honda accord...

sir_nasty 08-30-2007 06:51 PM

You can order parts from just about anywhere, check out our sponsors links or try e-bay. It's all a matter of what you want.

deserthonda 08-30-2007 08:02 PM

I might have to agree with SMAGLIK on this largo name stuff.......dealership name

by the way if you decide or when you order parts I would not mention that it is a ( Largo Edition );)
there is no such a thing :D

by the way isn't there a city in Florida named Largo ??

honda97valdeez 09-03-2007 08:40 PM

Largo Honda, Key Largo, is just south of Miami.
I am in the lower keys and looked at those cars last week-that's the logo. Heat gun it gently and it should come right off.

smaglik 09-04-2007 03:25 PM

apparently there are numerous largos out there, cause the link i pulled was from somewhere around chicago.

Samio866 09-06-2007 12:28 PM

God damn it now, the car won't start up... we changed the rotor and the cap... the and the coil... now we hafta change the ignition and it cost $$$!!!! Is it really the ignition? We did a spark plug test and its not giving out a spark... =[

Quite Earlier from that (yesterday) we were trying to figure out how to get the damn antenna to go down... and we was playing with the yellow wire and connecting it to whole buncha wires that go to the factory radio... i dont think that shorted out it because the engine still started while we were doing that... (I just thaught this was good to add here) and we were trying to adjust the passenger window motor to correctly go up and down without sticking and etc..

00AccordLX5spd 09-06-2007 01:37 PM

Are you sure you hooked up all the spark plug wires in the right order on the distributor?

falkore24 09-06-2007 01:46 PM

Even the wrong order would still spark, just at the wrong time. Make sure that the coil is hooked up properly. Also, search the threads on here because I know that desserthonda has addresses ignition troubleshooting before.

brayner 09-06-2007 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Samio866

God damn it now, the car won't start up... we changed the rotor and the cap... the and the coil... now we hafta change the ignition and it cost $$$!!!! Is it really the ignition? We did a spark plug test and its not giving out a spark... =[

Quite Earlier from that (yesterday) we were trying to figure out how to get the damn antenna to go down... and we was playing with the yellow wire and connecting it to whole buncha wires that go to the factory radio... i dont think that shorted out it because the engine still started while we were doing that... (I just thaught this was good to add here) and we were trying to adjust the passenger window motor to correctly go up and down without sticking and etc..
did the car run before you changed the rotor etc.?
the antenna goes down when you turn off the radio. Check the circuit at the motor.
Cleaning the window tracks may help your window issue.

PAhonda 09-06-2007 02:55 PM

It is hard to screw up installation of the cap and rotor.

I would install the old coil to help verify that your new coil was working properly.