General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Civic Engine to a 90 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default 95 Civic Engine to a 90 Accord

This for a buddy of mine. He crashed his 95 civic, he got rear ended and totaled it. The engine is in great condition only has 100k miles. After he totaled his civic his brother gave him is 90 Accord when he went overseas to Iraq. The Accord has 225K miles and he doesn't know when its gonna go. He's been looking at a few junkyards for old accord engine, and one of those crazy old men told him a 95 civic engine should drop into a 90 Accord. I doubt these for a few reasons, one being the civic is automatic so the engine and tranny would have to be swapped too, two being its a big year difference and different model. So do any of you know if its possible or if its been done? About how much would and engine swap cost?

Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: 95 Civic Engine to a 90 Accord

Im sure you *could* swap it in, but it would really be a waste of time. I would suggest selling the Civic motor and putting that money toward an H22 or something for the Accord. Thats my opinion.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:27 PM

well as far as engine bay size etc I'm sure it would fit.... getting motor mounts and such to make it work, wiring harnesses and everything else is a whole different ball game.... I would assume that it's possible (not easy though) but I've never heard of it being done

Old 01-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Yeah maybe it would be a good idea to sell it, its an I4 VTEC 100k miles. How much you think its worth?

Old 01-03-2007, 04:20 PM

go on ebay and check what the going rates are, I would think you should be able to get at least $1500 if you package deal it (Tranny, engine, ECU, Axles etc) I'd also post it for sale on www.hondacivicforum.com

Old 01-03-2007, 05:52 PM

hey no offense to any civic owners or civic lovers.. but there really isnt any civic engine thats worth working on.. they are all to small and weak.. they are tough enough or big enough to take to the streets..

and in regards to your thought of civic engine to accord.. you seem to have lack of import knowledge..
sell what you can.. save your money and drop a nice 2.0 plus in your accord.. vtec or not it will be faster than your civic or any other civic that is stock, [non turbo/super/nos]

and you can buy that for a dollar.. lol.. civic are cool though.. i hav one myself. 96 1.6 vtec.4dr but its more for show, but it just cant hang witht he big boys.. maybe if i got a close ratio 10 spd trannie.. no.. jp..lol.. hondas up..

lov my accord.. and still droping burners..

throw your H in the air and wave it around like you just dont care..

Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: MAPULENTO
you seem to have lack of import knowledge..
First your damn right I don't. Second you say it like I thought it was possible. The reason I posted was to prove to my friend that he can't do it. Someone told him it was possible, so he got his hopes up and didn't want to listen to me. I'm not into the whole racing or engine mods scene, I think its a waste a money unless your going to hit the track. I'm more into trucks then cars, I'd take a Hummer over a Porche any day. I was spending $80 a week on gas in my suburban, which is my main reason for not getting another truck.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:33 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Like I said, its possible, its just not the best choice. The smaller displacement Civic engine lacks the torque that the H22 has. As Sir said, you can probably get around $1500 for the Civic engine, trans, ECU, and axles. With that money, an H22 is almost in reach, and itsgot 200hp stock, with a great aftermarket. If I were in your friends situation, thats what I would do.

$80 a week in gas... I love trucks too, but I cant afford that lol. What are the gas prices like where you live? Mine are $2.05/gal

Old 01-04-2007, 03:45 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

2.05?! Its usually around 2.18 and is now 2.24. Up 10 cents from yesterday.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:19 PM

We're about $2.25 up here too.... It's funny but as nice as SUV's or my wife's durango is I'm just too cheap to drive anything with less than 30 MPG, I don't mind trucks but I'd rather tack a corner on a track at 90 than climb a hill in a truck so cars are my thing.... I'm just to cheap, If I could find an SUV that corners like a sports car and get 30 MPG I'd be in heaven... *L*

Quick Reply: 95 Civic Engine to a 90 Accord