General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Default 95 Honda Accord

95 Honda Accord - auto/4cyl vtec 150Km

2 items:

1. Drivers side output shaft seal leaks, new half shaft, replaced the seal 3 times, still leaks, Have installed flush with casting. Is it supposed to be inset or outset of the casting? Are there special installation requirements not described in the Honda shop manual? Other suggestion?

2. Brake fluid is being lost from the ABS resivoir, when filled and bled system works well. Leak is not apparent with no fluid trails or brake fluid found. Is there another route for the loss such as ingestion into the vacuum side of the motor...lost on this one.

Thanks

RRT

Old 03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

I can't remember how the seal is set on the casting. I remember reading that a problem with the differential may cause a leak. If the new CV joint isn't seated properly, a leak could occur.

There is a bulletin about the ABS leaking and you tighten some plugs. I can't post pdfs. The TSB number is 96-050, so I am sure you can find a pdf of it by searching the web.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/Ho...214735_abs.pdf

Last edited by deserthonda; 03-09-2010 at 11:54 PM.