General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 Honda Accord Passenger Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Angry 95 Honda Accord Passenger Headlights

Hi! I am having trouble with my 95 Honda Accord Coupe. I purchased this car due to urgency and the low miles. However I have a major problem with it. The passenger side headlight is very dim and the High beam doesnt work at all. Also the dash lights flicker or dont work at all at night. I took it to Autozone after doing what research I could and the guy there told me since the person who owned it before me had a stereo system (which they took out and I have loose wires electric taped up) they some how loosened a ground wire on the passenger side. I have searched all over the car and can not find it. Could it be something else and if not can someone please tell me where to look?? I am extremely broke and if it is as simple as finding it and tightening it I dont want to hafta pay a mechanic $200 dollars to do it. PLEASE HELP ME!! Thanks, Christyn

(also I did a headlight restoring kit on it last night and the head lights are now 100% clear no yellowing)

Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Smile

and yes before any smart mouth replies I have replaced both bulbs. They are brand new and still dont work

Old 03-03-2011, 03:05 PM

Does the car have DRL's?

Old 03-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Daytime running lights were required for Canadian accords. DRLs were not installed on US accords.

I would check the two fuses for each headlight. They are in the engine bay fuse box, #19 and #20 (20 amp fuses).

To do electrical testing, you will need a volt meter. Stores like Walmart have digital multimeters for under $20. Let us know if you have one and we can give you some tests to try.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Daytime running lights were required for Canadian accords. DRLs were not installed on US accords.

I would check the two fuses for each headlight. They are in the engine bay fuse box, #19 and #20 (20 amp fuses).

To do electrical testing, you will need a volt meter. Stores like Walmart have digital multimeters for under $20. Let us know if you have one and we can give you some tests to try.
Mizz cnicole never said where she is located. The reason I ask is because the DRL unit is notorious for failing and Honda felt it was a good idea to wire it into the same circuit as the passenger side high-beam. In other words, if the DRL unit goes, so does the right High-beam.

EDIT: I suppose the mention of Autozone should give it away to me that she is not Canadian, still... the car may be.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Red face

No I dont not daytime lights. I put in two highbeam bulbs this time just to get thru and it seems to work for now.however I took out the inside dash light adjuster thing and cleaned it and put it back together and it didnt work. I also changed out all the fuses for the headlights and put in new ones.

But the problem with inside lights still exist.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:39 PM

my only guess is it is a ground wire that I cant find. I dont know if the hanging wires I have electrical taped up would effect it and make it do this but then again the inside lights have always gone off and on there is no constant supply of power to the dash lights just pulses and if I hold in the dimmer button. I am lost really lost.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry-I'm lost now. Are the head lights ok now? There is a ground "block" on both sides of the car. Check for good voltage(+) at the headlight and also check the ground wire at the headlight for resistance to a known good ground.

Is your issue now down to the dash lights. If so, based upon post #6 I'll assume something is up with the dash dimmer switch.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 PM

well head lights are fixed but only because I put a highbeam in the low beams spot. fixed the dimness of the low beam lol. now they are perfect.

HOWEVER the dash lights still arent working consistantly. So if it is a dimmer switch u say right? how much are those and where do I change it at??

LOL sorry I am a recently divorced woman that has no idea about the car stuff.. Thanks everyone for the help.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 PM

and what is the dash dimmer switch technically called?? I am trying to look up price and order it but its telling me that its an "unknown" part

Quick Reply: 95 Honda Accord Passenger Headlights