General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Default 98 accord

I think I have an after market antitheft system. There is a red light on the dash to the left of the cruise control and moon roof buttons. As of yesterday it is illuminated solid red, not flashing. Need help determining what is wrong with car and how to fix it.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF.

Kind of hard to say what might be going on. Is the car still starting and all of that?

Old 02-14-2015, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Welcome to HAF.

Kind of hard to say what might be going on. Is the car still starting and all of that?
It seems to be running and starting fine...I am suspecting that the antitheft device itself isn't working...which is no big deal...On a 17 y.o. car, I can live with that. We bought this car used in May 2014, and really just worried since we aren't sure what it is...can't find any reference in the manual and we didn't even know we had the device.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Well that is the thing, in 17 years who knows what someone before you did/added? Got any pic's of the light - be sure to get some of the dash. I don't remember any factory light in that area

It is something I would dig into when time permits.

Just know that the the key(s) have a chip in them - this chip "talks" to the PCM to know it is the correct key. So you do have a bit of security in that. Meaning someone would have to know how to by-pass this to steal the car.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Hi New member and Welcome to the HAF..

I'm moving this to a better forum for your problem..

Later: WheelBrokerAng