General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Accord EX Windshield Washer problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Default 98 Accord EX Windshield Washer problem

Windshield washer gradually stopped working over time. I have read where the line can kink when old. Other than that, does anyone have a diagram or a link to one that I can look at as far as tracing the tubing and possibly removing the pump? I'm assuming it's behind the front driver's side wheel and that the inside fender cover has to be removed? Any help is appreciated, my Haynes manual had zilch in it concerning this.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

The spooner link I posted in the online manuals thread in the DIY section has a 98-02 shop manual that you download as an iso file.

Burn that image to a CD and install the program on your PC. It will have all the information in the Body electrical section. It has pictures of how the tubes are routed.

Here is what it says:

1. Remove the left inner fender (see section 20).
2. Remove the windshield washer nozzles and clips, then remove the tube.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:16 PM

It is not allowing me to d/l it. I click on the link and it says connection is timing out, as if the file is no longer there. Do you have anywhere else I could d/l it from?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM

Disregard, I did a google search of the file and found it at another site, d/l it now. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:09 PM

OK, HELP!!! Downloaded the iso file that you provided the link for. Put it on a disk and installed it and everything installed like it was supposed to. Now when I try to open the program it says it is missing a file called esmview.exe and won't open the program. I've searched all through the files and don't see anything by that name. I am running windows vista. Any help???

Old 06-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

can you hear the motor run??? have you checked if nozzles are plugged ?? if you have not done this yet ,,disconnect the tube that plugs into the nozzles and use the washer ........also chk to see if any water goes to ground,, if so you got a brake in the tubing

if water gets up to tube that plugs into nozzles,, you got plugged nozzles

if no motor sound,, chk fuse first, then chk to see if washer motor gets power and ground

Old 06-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

I installed that program on Vista and now on Windows 7. I haven't had a problem. You may want to run the installation in Windows XP mode.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

is it a l4 or v6 motor is located rt side on v6 left side on l4..........if no motor noise chk fuse # 7, 7.5 amps driver's side under dash fuse box and also fuse # 12, 30 amps if fuses are ok once you remove the fender liner chk for power at the black/yellow and ground at the black wire ,,,,,,,,,if you got both and motor does not run ,,you got a bad motor,,, try and let us know

Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 AM

It's a 4cyl. I can hear the motor running, took the sprayers off and soaked them in hot water and dish soap to try to unclog them, after I took the sprayers off I removed some of the hoses and cleaned them out, had all kind of crap in them. After I did all this I tried it again and it pushes water out, but once I put the nozzles back on it just kind of dribbles out on to the hood. Is there a filter near the motor that could be partially blocked? Still having problems loading the iso file. PAhonda, how do I load it in XP mode? Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 AM

Disregard PA, I googled how to do it and got it to work.

Quick Reply: 98 Accord EX Windshield Washer problem