General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'98 Accord parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:33 PM
zawisza
Unregistered
Default '98 Accord parking lights

Hello -
Recently the parking lights went out, I checked the fuses, the switch, the bulbs they all seem ok.

I am thinking I have a short because when i left the parking lights switch in the on position my battery drained in just 5 or 6 hrs. My headlights still work but the "lights are still on" audible warning when ignition key is out with lights areon stopped working as well. One other thing the small blue bulb in the digital clock went out but when some other dash bulb went out 3 years ago it didn't cause the rest of the light to go out so I don't this that is my problem.

Please let me know if you ran into this before and can help, I do not intend to spent 100s of $ for this repair at the dealership. Thanks

1 other issue that I would likean opinion on while I'm here is that my check engine light caused by some in-tank sensor has been on for about 5 years, it starts to get annoying. When I disconnect the battery it will stay off untill I re-fuel the car. Other than the light no other issues come up as a result.

Thanks-Greg