General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 Accord. Recirculator Button no longer functions

Old 03-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Default 98 Accord. Recirculator Button no longer functions

Hi,
I am new to the forum, and frustrated by the inability to find any answers to this particular question.
About a year ago, my A/C recirculator button just stopped working.
All of the rest of the A/C controls work just fine. But nothing happens anymore when I push it. It does not change from fresh to recirculated air, the light does not come on, and you dont even get that familiar electrical 'click' when you push it.
I have checked the fuses and they are all fine. Just this little glitch.

Does anybody have experience with this issue, or any idea what may cause it?
I am going to have my A/C charged because it has lost "cold" in the last few months, but I am hoping this is not an extra (very expensive) additional problem. It is not an emergency... but lets be honest, i live in florida. I can use all of the A/C I can get.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

I would have the high and low pressures tested. If your accord is low on R134a, then you have a leak. You can have R134a with dye added to the system, then use a UV lamp to find the leak and have it fixed.

The recirculation motor is likely a different problem. Do you have a volt meter? You will probably have to do some tests to figure out if the switch, the recirculation motor, or the wiring is the problem.