General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 accord v6- dash lights on and ABS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Default 99 accord v6- dash lights on and ABS

Today as I was comming home from dropping off a friend, all my lights on my dash came on (brake, battery, all doors, trunk, and brake lamp) and in addition to this the ABS light came on. When I applied the brakes the lights all went out and functioned normally, but once I pressed on the gas they all came back on. When I got home and put it in park the lights were all off.

I replaced the alternator, about a year ago but when that happened all the lights came on but not the ABS light.

My question is, is this a brake pad problem because when I got my inspection done 5 months ago, they said they would need replaced before next year, I have only driven about 4,000 miles since inspection.

I just wanted to know if this is the brake pad, or is it another alternator problem... Or if something more serious could be the problem like an ECU or ABS malfunction. I am going to replace my brake pads later this week but just need to know if I am going to fork out extra money for more stuff like another alternator, or have to go to the stealership for more indepth diagnoses.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate all of your help from the threads in the past.

In b4 search: I did search but could not find anything with ABS, all other problems indicated the entire dash lights and it was the alternator, but none hinted at the ABS light on.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 99 accord v6- dash lights on and ABS

Since EVERYTHING lit up, the first thing I suspect is a wiring problem at the cluster. Its a great coincidence for all that stuff to go wrong at the same time.

Got a multi-meter? Howsyour electrical troubleshooting skills? I would be looking for something like an open ground.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Default RE: 99 accord v6- dash lights on and ABS

nvm thanks for the help, It was the alternator it tested at 12.5v...Replaced it today under lifetime warranty took about an hour... I hate those automatic tensioners.