General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ABS Light on, Replaced sensor still on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Without the actual code this is going to be very hard to figure out? As there are other things (inlet/outlet solenoids) that could be related to a "left front".

There is a way to jump the DLC and read the code by counting the "flashes" from the ABS light.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:32 PM

How do I jump it?

Which part is the control unit? How hard is that to change? Best price to get the unit?

Thanks, All the wiring and everything else looks good.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:35 PM

After you discover a fix, please post it on line for it may solve my problem too. Thanks

Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

AT YOUR OWN RISK....do I need to repeat....YOUR RISK. Pins four and nine on the DLC, jump those with a paperclip and then turn the key to on/pos II.

Count the flashes from the ABS light.....and any others that might flash. Then let us know what code you get from which system (ABS, SRS, CEL, D4 is auto).

Attached Thumbnails ABS Light on, Replaced sensor still on?-cel-2.gif  
Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM

I put another NAPA sensor on the car and code is gone, New Honda sensor went bad after a month, One Napa bad out of box, New Napa seems to be working.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Do yourself a favor - get the car in the air, be safe. Pull the wheel and then put the car into "N" - can't/don't remember if this is an auto or manual but you get the idea. Turn the hub by hand....thus turning the cv shaft....and watch the gap between the tone ring and sensor......just wondering if the ring on the shaft..or the shaft...might be "out" causing the ring to at some point come into contact with the sensor? Strange that two new replacments (one OE, one aftermarket would be bad "out of the box" or fail within a month?).

Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 PM

I thought the same thing, Everything looks good wit the ring, The sensors are covered under warranty so Ill give this one another shot and see if it was just one of those things.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:27 PM
Default Ring?

Originally Posted by JOE.G
The ring looked fine when I swapped sensor, I am going to take it apart again and check it. Is the ring replaceable?
I recently replaced the bearings (took them to be pressed in) and the ABs sensors. Having same issues? What is the tone ring?

Old 02-01-2019, 08:58 AM

The tone ring is what the sensor reads off of, Look at where the end of the sensor is, It is common on fords for the ring to crack which will then make the sensor throw a code.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:08 AM

Honda Accord Automatic Transmission 2011 has below problems

1. D light blinking and now Ghear liver is not moving
2. Car Engine is starting
3. I connect computer below steering and it shows connecting and failed.

Anyone who can help me to diagnose the issue

Quick Reply: ABS Light on, Replaced sensor still on?