General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accord 2007 Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Unhappy Accord 2007 Vibration

Hey guys
I have a problem in my 2007 accord 2.4 L – 69000 KM with Auto transmission
The car is vibrating at idle and at 2000 and 2500 RPM while driving
There was a broken mount so Honda replaced the full set and the vibration disappeared for a while and came back again but little more specially with load like AC and gear on D or R with the steering wheel moving right and left while the car is not moving yet
I gone back to Honda 3 times even I complained to Honda middle east but still the answer is that is normal after checking the car, mounts, spark plugs, air filter, cleaning injectors and cleaning the throttle body 2 times but still I don’t believe that is normal as it was not there before and Honda mechanics don’t know anything about the cars they are fixing
Honda asked me to replace the throttle body and it may fix the problem but they are not sure as well and It will cost too much just for test ,They also said the mounts that they replaced is little harder to support the hot weather here
Anyone have any idea what is the issue is and what else I can check

Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Mounts are about the only thing that would cause movement of steering when shifting into D or R.

The mounts are soft to produce a very smooth idle, but tend to fail early. A very common problem w/ lots of newer vehicles these days.

Rear mount is most likely the problem. Was it replaced? If not, this is likely cause of vibration.

Front mount is readily accessible and easy job. Rear mount is difficult and tedious job.

good luck

Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Have them recheck the engine mounts; for example, inspect for damage, loosen and then torque all engine mount bolts.

Honda also had an engine idle smoothing kit, which consisted of radiator mounts, a front bumper mass, and bolts and washers.

See the Honda technical service bulletin at this link:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/at...0&d=1095123654

Be aware that the technical service bulletin part numbers listed are based on Honda America part numbering system. Additionally, your Accord in the Middle East may be slightly different.

I would not recommend changing the throttle body, as generally it would not cause vibrations; maybe idling problems, etc. There is also nothing so far that indicates a problem with it.

Good luck.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:18 PM

Thanks for your answer guys
All mounts were changed in Honda and were checked as well 3 times by them and all normal as they said
Also asked about the smoothing kit and they told me it was for the 04 and 05 models not for the 07
The steering is not moving by itself, I mean the car vibration gets worse when AC is on, Gear is on D or R and vibrates more when you try to move the steering wheel
I have noticed that with the vibration the RPM goes little down but still more than 500 rpm, is that normal?
Similar issue I faced when I used to drive accord 2000 coupe but it was vibrating more and it used to be the idle control valve not able to do the balance with loads like AC or brake and RPM goes down, but in this one it is all sensors and Im afraid to remove the idle valve to clean as I found in the service manual that there are some idle learning procedures to be done

Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

I just checked, the radiator mounts are identical for the 2003-2007 4 cylinder Accords. The 2003-2006 4 cylinder Accords had the front bumper mass; but, the 2007 did not have the front bumper mass.

In the service bulletin I included above, it also states to check the rubber exhaust mounts.

The following is generally the idle learn procedure:

Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, lights, etc.) are off. Disconnect battery for a short while (3 minutes would be fine). Turn ignition switch to ON (II) and wait 2 seconds. Start engine and hold engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (A/T in P or N, M/T in neutral) until radiator fan comes on, or until engine coolant temp. reached 194 degrees F. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed. (If radiator fan comes on, do not include the running time in the 5 minutes.)

Old 07-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Low idle speed (< 600 rpm) will cause vibration. It its low something is not right w/ idle speed setting.

It should idle about 800 rpm. If lower, IACV may need to be cleaned and throttle plate/throttle body cleaning. An electrical fault in IACV would set a DTC.

good luck

Old 07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

There is something wrong, as the idle speed is too low. The change to the small font type makes it hard on my eyes to read.

The 2007 Accord 4 cylinder has the drive-by-wire throttle system (electronic throttle system). I don't believe the 2007 has an idle control valve.

(2003 - 2005 Accord 4 cylinders do not have drive-by-wire throttle control systems, whereas 2006-2007 4 cylinders have drive-by-wire throttle control systems.)

Do the relearn procedure to see if there is any difference.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:19 PM

Sorry for the font, I was replying from mobile
It has the drive-by-wire throttle system but I think that I noticed idle control valve in the service manual and there is not DTC codes
By the way anyone know from where in Toronto I can get a tool to read the ECM codes and sensors data for the same model, I will be off to Canada by next month
I will do the idle learning if that is the way and will update you guys
Thanks

Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM

Will be waiting for the results, please let us know what happens.

Since I'm having exactly the same issues, and living in Dubai, so we're on the same page I guess.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

The 2003-2005 Accord 4 cylinders had a rotary air control valve as part of the throttle body, the 2006-2007 Accord 4 cylinders did not have that, it is only a case cover there for the 06-07. See attached pics comparing the two different throttle bodies.

The service manual may have shown it, as generally, they cover several model years.

Attached Thumbnails Accord 2007 Vibration-2003-2005-accord-throttle-body-rotary-air-control-valve.jpg   Accord 2007 Vibration-2007-accord-throttle-body.jpg  

Quick Reply: Accord 2007 Vibration