General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accord 2008 blower motor!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 PM
anothervietguy
Unregistered
Default Accord 2008 blower motor!

Hello! Thank you for reading this! I really thankful for your help! I have a honda accord 2008 Ex-L, 4cyl, AT. I hit the curb 2 months ago on the front right side, about 20 mph or less because it was snowing,and the damage was minor, the dealer fixed my the wheel alignment. The problem is after I hit the curb, the blower motor under the glove box start making some noise everytime i turn on the fan, It's really bugging me. I took me 4 times to convince the dealer to regconize the problem, they changed the blower motor but then the problem still there. I HAD NO IDEA what's going on with my car.I checked and the sound came from the blower motor again. Any advice for this? Maybe somethingels make noise beside the blower motor???

Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Accord 2008 blower motor!

perhaps some leaves are caught in the fan?
does the the noise get faster/louder as the blower is turned up?

Old 01-11-2008, 12:28 AM
anothervietguy
Unregistered

yeah! It's get little louder as i go up from level 1 to 2, 2 to 3....but when it's up to 4 the sound of the air coming out is greater then the noise of the blower motor! (that's normal i think) The blower motor just got changed by the dealer... 2 weeks ago!!! Maybe some different component beside the blower motor??? you think it cause by hitting the curb????

Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 AM

its hard to diagnose a sound over the internet, but my guess is its just a leaf caught up in the fan of the motor. It could have fallen from another part of the vent system, or just been sucked in again.

try dropping it yourself and look inside the fan, it will save you a bundle from the stealership.

On my 96 its a major pita to remove the blower motor/fan, but its fairly easy to just drop it a few inches and look inside. Things have most likely changed a bit since my model, but finding + dropping it should be fairly straightforward. Its under the passenger side dash. since you cant drop it all the way out, you cant get any leaves in there out, but what I did was take a flathead screwdriver and crush them up into bits. That way when I turned the fan back on it blew all the bits out and my fan was leaf-free again!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
anothervietguy
Unregistered

Thank you very much for your advice. I"ll do it see if there is any strange object in there. I work the whole weekend so i wont able to do it on monday or so but I'll make sure that is the first thing i do in Monday morning! Thank you again for your help! I'll let you know the result. Take care.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 AM

I thought this was going to be about some new Accord engine with a supercharger, I'm now so disappointed!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: anothervietguy
...................................The blower motor just got changed by the dealer... 2 weeks ago!!! .................
1. Why in the world was it necessary to change the blower motor on a 2008 Honda Accord EX?

2. Was it making the same noise prior to the original motor being replaced?

If it was a Honda dealer who replaced the motor, you should not have to lift a finger, or a tool, to diagnose the motor/fan noise. Take it back to Honda, have a technician listen to the noise, then report back here what he/she says.

Good luck.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:39 PM

1. Because the blower started making noise after he hit the curb.

2. The original motor started making the noise, was replaced and still made the noise.

Dude, read the whole post.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:35 AM

my guess is something got tweaked when you hit the curb...

Old 01-12-2008, 09:50 AM

yeah, i can't see two blower motors making noise unless it's a characteristic. i can't see leaves getting easily into the blower motor anymore unless your car is "permanently parked under autumn" [8D]. the a/c cabin filter is a nice wide very good filter and usually collects all the leaves before they hit the blower motor fan blades. can you take a high quality sound sample and post it?

are you absolutely sure it's the blower motor making noise? can you duplicate it with the key on engine off? does it sound the same in all vent mode positions?

Quick Reply: Accord 2008 blower motor!