General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord 2012 features?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Default Accord 2012 features?

I got a Honda accord 2012 in late June, I'm not sure which model it is exactly but it's the model right after the base model, my car has rims as opposed to the hubcaps. Does anyone know any cool features others wouldn't really know about?

Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Are you aware that the key fob can roll your windows down?

All the Accord models do it actually. You unlock the car once, then hit unlock a 2nd time, but hold down the button the second time for a few seconds until the windows start to roll down. They stop rolling once you let go of the button.

Comes in handy during a hot summer day when you're walking towards the car.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 PM

I am going to try that.. I hope it works.. I love that feature on my BMW.. but didn't know the Accord had it.

thanks!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by accord1224
I am going to try that.. I hope it works.. I love that feature on my BMW.. but didn't know the Accord had it.

thanks!
Yes, it's little known among these cars for some reason. I didn't know any of the cars did it, until I stumbled upon a forum when I had my 2009 model.
The dealers show you everything but that, during the test drive

Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the tip, never know that before reading this.

Many thx!!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM

also found out while driving that when the wipers are in intermitten mode, they will slow down at a stop light, and go faster when you resume driving.

but in intermitten mode only

Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

The owner's manual can tell you a lot more about the car's features.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by accord1224
also found out while driving that when the wipers are in intermitten mode, they will slow down at a stop light, and go faster when you resume driving.

but in intermitten mode only
This has been included since the 6th gen (maybe even 5th)

I noticed this in a rush hour rain storm. If you stop for more than 5 seconds the interval slows down and once you let go of the brake the wipers activate to clear the windscreen (no mater when the next interval is) then they return to normal.

Seriously test it some time, you can let off the brake then stop again and let off and you will find this to be true.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:01 PM

I know (but can't seem to find the documentation now) with my accord my automatic can tell when I am in the mountains. It will either hold gears longer on the climb or downshift to apply engine braking on the declines (after one or two brake applications)

I think they have been continually improving this feature.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Silver6gen
I know (but can't seem to find the documentation now) with my accord my automatic can tell when I am in the mountains. It will either hold gears longer on the climb or downshift to apply engine braking on the declines (after one or two brake applications)

I think they have been continually improving this feature.
Honda's Grade Logic control system.

Quick Reply: Accord 2012 features?