General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord detective needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Accord detective needed

]Hello all,

I just picked up a 95 ex 2.2 F22B1 and someone worked on it and left it with some loose ends that are preventing it from running. It does start with starting fluid and is getting fuel to the fuel rail.

I assume missing parts.

I added comments to the pic and or description. But here is a list to go with it.

1. 3wire connector that was horseshoed to itself.
2. Blue wire altered straight to CPU
3. Wires altered and what does that hose connection go to and from?
4. Missing Vaccum connections

Thank you all!

Attached Thumbnails Accord detective needed-3-wire-plug-where.jpg   Accord detective needed-blue-wire-tampered-stright-cpu.jpg   Accord detective needed-wire-manipulated-open-hose-end-what-.jpg   Accord detective needed-missing-vacuum-connections.jpg  
Old 07-22-2018, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

You can download a 94 accord shop manual from the hondahookup site. See the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum for a link. The 94 is identical to the 95 accord.

Your pictures are close up, so it is hard to tell what components are nearby.

Is this 3-wire connector part of the engine wire harness or to a sensor?
Can't tell what connector you are looking at. If you get that shop manual, let us know what pin on the ECU is connected to that wire.
Is that a vacuum line? All the vacuum lines have numbers on them if they are original to the car. There should be a vacuum hose diagram on a sticker under your hood. The shop manual will have this information as well.
The metal connection on the left looks like it would connect to the vacuum hose hanging over it. Is that vacuum hose unplugged? The connection on the right looks correct, but the vacuum hose is pinched? It's hard to see in the picture, because your hand is in the way.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You can download a 94 accord shop manual from the hondahookup site. See the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum for a link. The 94 is identical to the 95 accord.

Can't tell what connector you are looking at. If you get that shop manual, let us know what pin on the ECU is connected to that wire.
Is that a vacuum line? All the vacuum lines have numbers on them if they are original to the car. There should be a vacuum hose diagram on a sticker under your hood. The shop manual will have this information as well.
The metal connection on the left looks like it would connect to the vacuum hose hanging over it. Is that vacuum hose unplugged? The connection on the right looks correct, but the vacuum hose is pinched? It's hard to see in the picture, because your hand is in the way.
Overview
What does this go to?

Old 07-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda

Done!

I added an overview

It goes into the harness but has nothing to connect it to. That's what I'm looking to answer.
​​​​​​

I don't know what it is.

It s the connections that I'm pointing to

Old 09-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Was the ECU preventing the no start. Installed a used one and was good to go.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Got it running

I replaced the ECU and it started. Now it randomly will not start.