General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accord manual transmission questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Default accord manual transmission questions

I have a 2005 accord 2.4l mt. I have two questions 1. how much fluid is suppose to be in the transmission? I took the fill plug off to check the level and almost half a qt of fluid came out. is there suppose to be that much fluid in there? and 2. The transmission also seems louder to me then it should be. it sounds like a rattling noise and its only while im driving and seems louder from 3rd gear and up,didnt know if anyone else has had the same problem. the noise isnt there when im just idling so i know its not coming from the engine. any help would be greatly appreciated also im new to the fourm so if i didnt do something right let me know thanks

Old 05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

I don't recall the spec capacity, but probably something less than 3 quarts.

The MTF level should be just at the fill plug, but that's with the car being level. If you jack it up to remove a wheel, and get a wrench on the fill plug, it's tilted so fluid can appear to be too full. If you jack up the left-front wheel, the majority of the gearbox is raised up higher than the fill plug.

I normally take off a wheel, loosen the fill plug, then lower the jack until the car is about level. Just because it's easy to do, I lay a carpenter's level across the structure above the radiator. I've also got a random collection of pieces of wood that I can stack so I'm not reaching in there with the car supported on just the hydraulic jack.