General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

actuator/shift lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Default actuator/shift lock

If the lock actuator is going bad, can it cause the shift lock to lock everytime you put the vehicle in park? Or is the shift lock suposed to lock everytime? It's really annoying, and I now carry a spare key to unlock it. [:@]My door locks are also posessed, and like to unlock themselves, or lock themselves when they feel the need. While parked,an driving down the rd.I assume that's the actuator which I haveanother one, but I'm curious if the shift lock is related or is therea fuse for it? I have a 95 accordlx

Old 02-24-2008, 05:37 PM
doah
Unregistered
Default RE: actuator/shift lock

I have the same issue on my 93. I followed the advice from another thread... I checked the tail lights, blew the horn, jumped the yellow/white wire and the green/white wire on the brake switch (even went through all of the fusses looking for a burned one). No luck.
I also am using my spare key to put the car in gear. I'm interested to see any other suggestions.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

I had the possessed locks on my 95 and replacing the actuator in the driver's door fixed the problem. You can unplug the actuator to isolate the one causing the problem. For instructions go to the ACC 5th thread in the DIY section. The dhost site has the shop manual in pdf form.

If you still have the problem with the shifter being stuck after bypassing the brake switch, then either the solenoid or the park pin is messed up. There are also procedures for testing it in that shop manual. Both of the procedures will be in the electrical pdf (23-146 and 23-281)

Old 02-24-2008, 11:51 PM
slickwheel
Unregistered

I am having the same problem, shifter wont move from park to drive or reverse, at that time I checked the brake light by pressing the brake, its ok, then I think it is the solenoid, where the solenoid is located, is there a way to it, how much it cost new and used, can we do it by ourselves.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:33 AM

Ill put the actuator in an see if it fixes the locks,itll be nice not worry about my stuff being stolen.

I'm not to worried about the shift lock, it's more ofannoyance than anything. Today my husband drove it an he had no problems. it'll even stay locked when he locks it. Starting to think Honda hates me and I should have stuck with my dodge. ;\