General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Default Advice

Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place for this question this is my first time here. I wanted to ask for advice from some people with experience and more knowledge on this subject. I'm looking to purchase a '95 Accord EX she's got 240K. Well maintained and serviced by owner. Sale price is at $800 the car needs a Throw-out bearing. For that price and just the bearing needing replacing, can I get some of your takes on if this is a smart buy or not??

Old 05-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Have you driven the car? If it only has a bad throw-out bearing, then the car should be drivable and other than some noise when the clutch pedal is pressed, all should be well.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by shipo
Have you driven the car? If it only has a bad throw-out bearing, then the car should be drivable and other than some noise when the clutch pedal is pressed, all should be well.
Agreed. And from looking at my FSM for my 97 Accord, it doesn't look like it would be too bad of a job to replace it. Yeah, you'll have to drop the trans (or at least seperate the 2). If you shop around, you might find someone in your area to do the job for you for a couple hundred bucks. Maybe even get them to replace the clutch in it. Just saying, as that's what my son did on his 98 Civic (paid someone to do it). I was out of town for a long week (10 days), so I couldn't do it for him. I did loan him my Geo while his car was in the shop though.