Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Air mix motor? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/air-mix-motor-64036/)

handirifle 11-15-2016 10:54 AM

Air mix motor?

Greetings to all. New here, but not new to auto repair. I do all my own maintenance, except timing belt, on our 2005 Accord EX, V6, with a little over 205,000 on the clock.

I did a search looking for air mix motor and couple other terms with no luck, so here goes. On the drivers side, when car is running is sounds like a mouse is running around in the dash, drivers side. AC works fine, but temp control seems like sometimes it keeps temp fine, sometimes not.

From what I can tell with internet search, it is the "air mix motor"? But as I search I see some comments that it is on the pass side, some on drivers side. I THOUGHT it was on DS, but now I am not sure.

Also looking at parts online, prices vary from about $75 to $150. Best source to get it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

TexasHonda 11-16-2016 08:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the shop manual diagram.

Any OEM Honda parts outlet will have same part. Only price will differentiate.

good luck

dcpappas1965 07-27-2017 04:22 PM

Air Mix Motor / Motor Assy, Temperature Driver

TexasHonda,

Please share the air mix motor Replacement Procedure (if possible). I'm planning on replacing one on my 2006 Accord Ex V6 Automatic 4 door.

I believe the part number is 79160-SDA-A41 but I'm not certain. It'd be great if you can also confirm that number for me.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

TexasHonda 07-27-2017 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See attached. It may not cover access issues which can be painful, but should be doable.

good luck

dcpappas1965 07-27-2017 09:34 PM

TexasHonda,
Thank you for the quick reply and for the replacement procedure. Much appreciated.

CHUCKW 08-01-2017 10:03 AM

I just handled this same problem. You can find videos on youtube about this. Your part number is right and I got my replacement motor from Hondapartsnow.com. I believe it was about $74-75. Look for my thread in this forum called "tapping in driver's side dash" or something like that. I posted the youtube video. Also, when you get under the driver's side dash to get at it, it is in a terrible position, you'll see a bracket between the firewall and dash that you should remove to make it easier to replace the motor.

oldbeek 08-03-2017 12:00 PM

Watched video. Did it myself with poor close vision and 75 yrs old. You can do it in 2 hrs easy.

dcpappas1965 08-10-2017 11:59 AM

Top Screw Access for Air Mix Motor / Temperature Driver Part # 79160-SDA-A41

2 Attachment(s)
CHUCKW, Thank you for Confirming the part number.

Here's how I got to that top screw (2 pics attached) without removing the metal bracket that was mentioned. I hope these pics help the next person trying to do this job.

Attachment 23993

Attachment 23994