General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air mix motor assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Default Air mix motor assembly

Hi everyone, I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX, 2 door, 4 cylinder, and I need to know if anyone out there has ever replaced or had experience working with the Air Mix motor assembly (part number 79160-S84-A01). This part is visible under the glove box near the floor, but it butts up against the center hump and has a power connector. The motor's gone bad as it randomly moves the blend door causing warm air to enter through the vents. I need to know if this part can be replaced without tearing out the dash. There's very little room to work down there, and it looks like the part in the heater unit diagram has pieces that need to be positioned properly to put it back together.

Can anyone help?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Let me move this to the correct forum where your now reading this your self..You posted it in the wrong forum .
Please watch where you post if you want answers...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

The book makes it sound easy?????

Attached Thumbnails Air mix motor assembly-6th-gen-mode-control-replacement.jpg  
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 AM

Thanks for setting me straight. I'm a rookie when it comes to these forums and I appreciate it.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 AM

Thanks for the diagram poorman212, I found out there's a self diagnostic you can perform on the temp control components, and after doing so determined the air mix motor needs replacing. After taking out the passanger seat I was able to get a good look at the motor, and it looks like an easy repalcement, except for the plastic linkage piece on top the motor. The hole the metal link rod goes into is made to snap into place, so it looks like I'll have to break the plastic around it to remove it.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Most of the plastic pieces are retainers that push off the arm, and rotate about a pivot point to release the arm. Is problem inability to reach?

FWIW, I read a post on an Acura MDX forum where poster removed air mix motor due to hunting/fluttering and found that motor case could be removed to clean internal contacts which had become covered w/ grease. I have same problem (fluttering) on certain positions in my MDX. Worth a check when you remove the motor.

good luck

Old 04-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I just read this again.

Exactly which motor are you replacing?

I posted about the mode control, sorry, not enough coffee this morning. Air mix is different....sorry.

Attached Thumbnails Air mix motor assembly-6th-gen-ac-box-comp-loc.jpg  
Old 04-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Now that I corrected myself, again sorry.

The "clip" on the rod should (be careful) slide off the rod -clip stays in the "hole", kind of like the set up on door handle rods.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Does this car have Auto Temp Control (ATC)? Only ATC has a mix motor. If it has a **** temp control, then it's manual mix door.

good luck

Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

If this is the mix motor the clip will look something like this - just a general pic.

If you break it, they are like $3 at the dealer 79195-SF1-003

Notice the little black arrow on part D

Attached Thumbnails Air mix motor assembly-rod-clip.jpg   Air mix motor assembly-6th-gen-air-mix.jpg  

Quick Reply: Air mix motor assembly