General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ANOTHER Power Window Problem - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Default ANOTHER Power Window Problem - Please Help

Hi,

Did a search of the Forum for Power Window Problems. Did not see anyone else with this same problem.

My son has a 2000 Accord Coupe, V6.

The Right (pass side) Window will go down, but when your go up with the window (either power button) the window gets to about an inch before closing and "shutters" (up and down). The window does not close "all the way". You can manually push the window up and it "kinda" stays, but eventually will work a 1 inch gap open. Besides this problem, the window switches and motor seem fine. Motor is strong up and down. Window just gets to 1 inch before it shuts and shutters.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Window direction is changed by switch swapping polarity of voltage to the window drive motor. If it's going up/down/up,... then a faulty switch on the diriver or passenger side seems likely.

Have you tried isolating with the "windows lock" feature on the driver's door? If this keeps the window up, then a faulty switch is very likely.

good luck

Old 02-22-2011, 01:39 PM

Both Switches do the same thing. Either when the lockout is on or off. It is not really an "up/down" motion as much as a "shuttering" of the window when it gets close to closing. Window gets within 1 inch of closing and then stops/shutters.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Try cleaning and lubricating the window track.

See: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ad.php?t=38280

Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Are there limit-switches to prevent it from "over-closing"? Maybe that's messed up or needs adjusting?

Old 02-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I don't think there are limit switches. I had teenagers pull down on the window while one inside was trying to close and broke the plastic sheave that the endless cable of the regulator turns 90 degrees around. New regulator required to repair. This happened, not once but twice.

PA's suggestion sounds most likely fix to me.

good luck

Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM

I have a very similar problem with my 1999 coupe. This youtube video is a very similar example to mine and was very helpful to understanding the inner workings of the window. http://www.youtube.com/user/HondaHow.../0/VdcTMblJK6E

Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Default Having the exact same issue

Hello, I'm having that same problem. What was the solution that you came up with? Thanks.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:26 AM

Sprayed white grease on the metal tracks just to ensure enough movement but the real fix for me was silicone spray in the rubber weather seal all around the window. That is where all the friction comes from. I now have a can of silicone in the trunk and my daughter sprays through the small tube that came with the can about once a month around the entire rubber weather seal with enough to drip down into the door.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the reply Chunky. I tried the grease and silicone and it did help speed up my windows. But I was still having trouble. After some hesitation I decided to take my door apart and check out the window regulator. It turns out that the teeth on the gear had rounded off and were no longer catching causing the window to no longer roll up all the way. Now that I replaced the regulator I will keep up with the silicone spray so hopefully it wont happen again.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER Power Window Problem - Please Help