General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone had experience with Rock Auto? and a thank you **sniff, sniff**

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Default Anyone had experience with Rock Auto? and a thank you **sniff, sniff**

Has anyone had experience with Rockauto.com? Are they reputable? I ordered some parts for another car (non honda) from another "discount" website and the rotors they sent me weren't even close to what was needed (although their website said they were the ones for that car, of course I had to pay shipping back).

Just curious if anyone has dealt with them. Their prices on parts for my Accord and other vehicle are considerably cheaper than what I can get the for around here. I just don't want to ship stuff back because their website is bs.

Also, I have to pat myself and you guys on the back here, hehe. I just started working on my Honda myself 2 years ago after a bad experience with my Honda dealer. Since then I've done all the work myself on the general maint. and upkeep (oil changes, plugs, distributor, brakes, plugs, etc..) a learn as I go. You guys on here have been most helpful with my beginner questions and I've never felt stupid for asking any of them on here. I'm happy to say in the last 2 years I've done all my work and have only spent $1600 on my Accord. Thats is a $800 per year avg. The 6 years prior to that I spent about a little over $10K or nearly $1700 a year, you can see where those savings have been tremendous.

I'm also happy to say, my 2001 Accord EX, 5 speed, just passed PA state inspection with absolutely nothing having to be done (actually I had a cracked windshield but I got that replaced a couple weeks ago). I now have almost 203K on the car, she purrs like the first day I got her. Just have to get a new timing belt which I'll let a mechanic do (I would do it but really don't have the set up to do it, I'm a basic guy, I've got a jack with some jack stands LOL), everything else I'm happy to say is all original. I even had them check the clutch, which is the original clutch with over 200K on it, absolutely perfect.

Although some of this is a testament to the Honda Accord value for the money, I'm sure some of it has to do with my semi-expertise I learned on the Honda Accord Forum.

Thanks again guys, and don't forget the first question about RockAuto lol.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Smile Hello Member ...

Price as you see does not fly, as you have already seen..if they cant give you the right size products as long as you gave them the wrong application...the I would say that they are not trustworth..You Agree???

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Anyone had experience with Rock Auto? and a thank you **sniff, sniff**-40da4fcb7cc643c197c1476b1c609a0d.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like the wrong parts came from another online dealer.

I recently ordered parts from rockauto and had no problems with them. TAS auto is a sponsor of this website and I have been pleased with them too.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:59 AM

I have used rockauto almost exclusively for the past 2 years or so. I have never had any problem with any of their parts. They are most often the lowest price on the internet and often have multiple supplier options for any Honda part (OEM manufacturer or Chinese knock off, whatever you want to pay for). My only beef with them is that if you buy more then one part that happens to come from another warehouse they charge separate shipping, which for low cost items like gaskets, o-rings, etc, sometimes exceeds the cost of the parts. I have had 2 very bad experiences with autopartswarehouse, I suggest to stay away from them.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM

I use rockauto for just about all purchases. Never had an issue, good CS and fast shipping.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I also use rockauto.com, but you do need to make sure the parts come from the same warehouse to avoid excess shipping charges. Their return policy is good also. They sent a part that was in the wrong box, and reimbursed return shipping as well as the part cost. If you order enough, they send a 5% discount code that normally will cover your shipping costs.