General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Auto trans shift points...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Default RE: Auto trans shift points...

Steelroy, yes I used the Honda ATF Z-1, when I did use I kept getting what sounded like a gear grind whenever I would accelerate. I went back to the Castrol and it was smooth, since then Ive used AMSOIL as well and both work about the same for me, and yes Advance and the Zone carry the Castrol Import Multi Vehicle.

I know its too much work for a "yarder" like me Hondadude, was just making sure I wasnt going insane. hehehe.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 PM

Thanks Drummer, ADV and AZ are close by.
BTW,what are your musical influences? I'll bet you never heard Ginger Baker of CREAM doing his solo on the "Wheels of Fire" album! Title: TOAD. It was one of the rock drummer's anthem back in the day!! Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce on bass. The dawn of the Power Trio!
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a.../livecream.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ROY/CREAM2.jpg

Old 12-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

lol HondaDude when did you turn into GK?

anyone check the shift flares on the trans?

Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM

shift flares??

Steelroy: never was a Cream fan, my classic rock influences came from the Edgar Winter Band, Frank Marino and Mahogony Rush, The Who, Zeppelin, Rush, BUddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Mel Torme etc..

dont just go on my word about the type of fluid. Z-1 may work awesome in your Honda, Im just giving personal account of what Z-1 did in my honda.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Drumer: Johnny and Edgar! It's bee long time sinceI've heard anyone,evn a guitarist,let alone a drummer,mention Frank "The PhaseShifter" Marino!! Cool stuff!

Whatwas the problem you were having with Z1?

Old 12-16-2007, 02:33 PM

yeah I like obscure stuff. my problem with the Z-1 was after It got driven and was warm, if I had to accelerate fast I.E. getting on the interstate I would get a horrible grinding noise going though the gears. I switched back to Castrol/AMSOIL and havent had the issue since.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Hey Drummer,"apologies" for: the typo on your name and totally missing the answer to the Z1 problem youstated in a previous post!!!!! I was thinking that the grinding could be avoided if youdisengaged the clutch when ****ing?...Name:  HMMMM.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  184.8 KB jk!!

Do you believe there have been over 300 hits on this thread? What's the attraction?

Old 12-17-2007, 03:52 PM

...another horrendous typo. At least if it were intentional it would have 2 "t's". i need to hire a proof reader....

Old 12-18-2007, 03:17 PM

Nice Axe. my wife is the Guitar player in the family, shes partial to Fender Texas Strats and Washburns. Shes got a Jimmie Vaughn TexMex strat, and a black Washburn 12-string electric/acoustic..(The Cure fan, thats what Robert Smith plays).

no worries on the typos and missing about the Z-1 we all miss stuff from time to time.

hey whats your e-mail?
mine_ ulrichrock@yahoo.com

Old 12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i've got a takamine acoustic, ibanez bass, and a cheap johnson for electric.
i love them all

Quick Reply: Auto trans shift points...