General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back seat removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Default Back seat removal

How do you remove the rear seat of an Accord (95)? It looks like there are two hooks or something holding it down in the front and one in the back. I can't see anything from under the car and I don't want to keep pulling until something breaks.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Back seat removal

the seat is in two pieces, the bottom piece(where you put your butt) and the top piece. the top piece has a latch at the top.

and the bottom piece just has the took hooks in the front. to remove this you have to tilt the seat towards the front of the car and just muscle it a little to get it out.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Default RE: Back seat removal

On our 92,behind and beneaththe rear"edge" of the bottom part of the seat there is a boltthat securesa metal tabwhich is itself attached to the seat and pokes out a bit from it. (Phew!)

But maybe the 95 seat-fastening systemis different than the 92's, so I might be all wrong on what follows.

Removingthat boltis the "magic key" to getting all parts of the rear seat out of the car, as well as getting good access to the nuts that secure the rear struts to the car.

First, slide the front seats all the way forward and tilt them all the way forward.

If I remember correctly,the boltis locatedtoward the middle of the seat's rearwardedge, but slightly onto the driver's side of the car, sobend over andkneelinto the rear of the car from the passenger side of the car.You can seethe boltif you use your hands to press down quite hard on a small portionthe rearward foam edge of the bottom part of the seat in orderto expose the area between andbeneaththeback-rest and bottom partof the seat. Work your way along the edge until you find the bolt.

Remove that single bolt and thenthe rearward edge of thebottom of the seatcan betilted upward toward the front of the car, rotating on those hooks you saw on the front bottom edge of the seat. At some point in this rotation, those front hooks (which arepart of the seat)can be lifted off the carand the bottom of the seatremoved fromthe car.

After the bottom is removed, some bolts are exposedthat secure the two side pieces of the back-rest. After the two side pieces are removed, finally, the large central portion of the back-rest can be removed.

Good luck.