General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake lamp 94 ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Default brake lamp 94 ex

my brake lamp light on my dash is on but it works in the back the only problem is its on all the time even when im not on the brake pedal and its only my left side thats doing this passenger side is working fine but driver side is whatever thinking it might be a short or something i also replaced the bulb does anyone have a solution?

Old 05-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

I'm confused, not hard to do.

So from behind the car, when you turn on the headlights, do both running lights come on?

Then if you press the brake pedal, do all three of the brake lights come on?

Old 06-03-2012, 07:50 AM

yes both of the brake lights come on but the problem is the driver side brake light stays on even when i do not have my foot on the brake pedal

Old 06-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

take the bulb out and make sure it is the right one.

Sounds like it has the single filament bulb instead of the 2 filament bulb that is supposed to be there.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:18 PM

i have the right bulb

in it has two filaments but ill check if the one filament is burned out highly doubt it though since it lights up that bright

i just think it may be a common problems with accords bec my 94 lx the lights dont last more than a month or so but if u could give me any more suggestions it would be appreciated thanks

Old 06-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It is definitely not a common problem with accords as I have not once heard about it and I have been pretty active here for a while.

Do you have a test light?

You need to pull the bulb out and test the connector to see if you have power to both of the connections in the connector?

I still suspect you have a short involving the bulb when it is in the socket.

Turn the lights on and test both wires and let me know what you find.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tcyman2718
my brake lamp light on my dash is on but it works in the back the only problem is its on all the time even when im not on the brake pedal and its only my left side thats doing this passenger side is working fine but driver side is whatever thinking it might be a short or something i also replaced the bulb does anyone have a solution?
Has the car been in an accident before and the brake light failure sensor or tail light parts replaced?

If so, it may be due to the installation of the wrong parts. There were early production and late production 1994 Accords with different taillight parts (i.e., brake light failure sensor, taillight wire harness (early production 1994 Accords had 6 wires, late production 1994 Accords had 5 wire), and left taillight assembly.

Last edited by redbull-1; 06-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

yes both of the brake lights come on but the problem is the driver side brake light stays on even when i do not have my foot on the brake pedal
To confirm based on these two posts. Brake lamp failure indicator in the dash is on; in addition to rear left brake-light\taillight is always on. So, both dash indicator and rear left taillight is on?

But, please respond whether taillight parts were swapped or replaced. There actually was Honda info. regarding the wrong parts.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I had a problem like this with my talon. Found out that the previous owner decided to wire the lights in some weird way. I had to go back and rewire and solder the wires how they were supposed to be. Pain in the *** but wasnt to hard.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:19 AM

i fixed it i just needed to replace the bulb because the two filaments were touching

Last edited by tcyman2718; 08-26-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: brake lamp 94 ex