General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnouts

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Default Burnouts

Anyone performed a nice line locker burnout or any skids in their honda and got some pictures that they could display ?
i cant wait to get my licence an put a few up !

Old 01-22-2006, 02:29 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Burnouts

Better start up a kitty fund for those tires that your gonna burn out with your ride..

It is Fun tho.....

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-22-2006, 04:33 AM

Not to mention the wear and tear on the tranny, CV's and other parts that arn't really beefed up to take much of that kind of abuse. I don't know exactly how sturdy these car are but one thing is or sure, they arn't built for drag strip kind of abuse performance oriented cars are.
I really don't get this? Why get a Honda accord for this type of driving if this is what your going to get? Get a Mustang or Corvett or GTO or even a S2000, they are more designed for this kind of abuse and look good doing it. It's almost painful to see someone taking a accord and doing this kind of stuff to it. It looks silly. Sorry if this sounds like a flame, it's not. Front wheel drive cars don't seem to be all that great for burnouts either. A lot of wheel hop and chatter that I've seen seems common with front wheel drive cars. Oh well, it's your car I guess or will be, I do hope your buying the car and it's not your parents car and or their money buying it. They probably have problems enough to have to deal with blown transaxles and constant other maintence costs this kind of driving with tack on while everything else is going up in price these days as well..

Old 01-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

well as far as the durability issue, hondas are great. on my car, once i get a tire to break free i can swing the tach all the way over. i usually light up my car at least once a day. if you get the spider gear to lock or if you have an LSD and both tires try to light, you will probably get a lot of wheel hop... it will seem like your dash is going to pop off. with my open, the tach just swings and then im just whipped into the hookup. its really fun. but yea tire wear can get to you. i have neg camber on my car so the insides of my tires go quick anyway, so i dont really car about burning out, but yea i go through tires every 10-15k

lightshow

Old 01-22-2006, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

Better start up a kitty fund for those tires that your gonna burn out with your ride..

It is Fun tho.....

WheelBrokerAng
And busted axles.. tranny issues.. oh well ,, to each his own ...

Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 PM

ive got 250k on my car original motor and tranny, clutch did go out at 180k though. ill run that bitch hard all day every day. i do use nothing but mobil one green top in the crankcase and the transaxle.

lightshow

Old 01-24-2006, 03:30 AM

Yes the car is mine, but maybe its just me being so young an wanting to show off to my mates but you get that, even my driving instructor luvs em he has a mitsubisui magna 5spd an he gives it a hiding lol but i luv my burnouts its just a good adreinline rush!