General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 PM
dbach
Unregistered
Default A/C Issue

I have a 2004 Accord LX with dual climate controls ... when I start the A/C cold air blows from the passenger vents but warm air from the driver side vents. Moving the driver side temp control to Lo does not solve the issue...is the driver side thermostat possibly bad?? Thanks

Old 06-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by dbach
I have a 2004 Accord LX with dual climate controls ... when I start the A/C cold air blows from the passenger vents but warm air from the driver side vents. Moving the driver side temp control to Lo does not solve the issue...is the driver side thermostat possibly bad?? Thanks
Don't believe the car has two thermostats because of the individual climate control. Sounds like some king of switch/fuse problem or something. What about taking it out of dual control does that give you cold air on your side? Personally I find dual control useless and never use it. I mean what keeps the hot or cold air on one side of the car????

Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 AM
dbach
Unregistered

Yes you have a good point...it's a marketing ploy...I will check the fuses, relays and such.
Thanks

Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 PM

I'm having the same problem on my 2004 Accord with dual climate control. The passenger side blows very cold air, while the driver side in luke warm. It seems to be moving the linkage from what I can see by looking under the dash. Does any have any solutions or comments? Are there two separate controllers or temp sensors? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by dgp1961
Don't believe the car has two thermostats because of the individual climate control. Sounds like some king of switch/fuse problem or something. What about taking it out of dual control does that give you cold air on your side? Personally I find dual control useless and never use it. I mean what keeps the hot or cold air on one side of the car????
Dual mode does work. I know because my wife likes her side at 68, and I go for 72. With both sides on 68 I need a sweater. The air will mix, but not enough to change the set temperature much. The A/C will do whatever it takes to get the temperatures where you set them. When I first bought the car, I thought "I'll never use automatic climate control", but now I don't see how anyone could live without it. So much easier, just having ONE **** to turn, just like the thermostat at home.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Did anyone ever determine a resolution to this? I just picked up an 03 Accord and I'm having this issue. I do notice that if I don't turn the temp **** all the way counter clockwise, it will blow cold. I'm assuming it's a servo or something that is all mucked up and not moving to the completely open position.

Thanks for any replies

Old 10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Have you checked for any HVAC codes?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Not sure I know how to do that.

Would I take the Accord to an auto parts store and ask them to check codes for me? Or do I need to rent a special tool or something? Sorry but I'm kind of a newbie at this.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

No, you can do this yourself.

Do you have dual controls? Not sure but the "how to" may be in this link....if not let us know and we can post the procedure......https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...threads-40780/

One last thing, if the system is low on 134, then it can do this without setting a code.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Yes, I have dual controls.
I will give the HVAC codes a shot. Also, the backlight on my stereo is currently dead. I guess I'll fix the stereo first and then test the HVAC codes.

I appreciate your replies poorman212

Quick Reply: A/C Issue