General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C is not working (at all)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM
2003EX
Unregistered
Question A/C is not working (at all)

Hello everyone, first post but not my first Honda, this is my 8th.

Wife came home today and said the a/c does not come on inside the car. The controls do not work! I checked the fuses and noticed the a/c fuse (i think) is a black block type and cannot check it to see if it is indeed blown.

06/29/2009 Question: Has anyone had/have experience with their vehicle doing this and if so can you please help?

07/31/2009Fixed/Answer: The blower Transistor part#79330-SDA-A01 ($68) solved my problem...

Thank you,
Rick

Last edited by 2003EX; 07-31-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

When you say the controls do not work, do you mean directing the air to different outlets?

Can I assume it's a 2003 EX like your screen-name? Does it have auto-climate-control?

Old 06-30-2009, 08:27 AM
2003EX
Unregistered

Yes, it's an 03 V6 EX with the dual climate controls. When I turn on the A/C nothing happens at all, no air blows, nothing. I hope it's nothing major, I'm unemployed right now.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

So not any air at all, warm or cool? You know you have to turn the ventilation fan on, for the AC to work?

My 2003 didn't have the dual-zone fancy stuff, so I don't really know the details of your controls.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
2003EX
Unregistered

No sir, no air comes on at all, it must be n electrical problem somewhere. Hopefully someone may have an answer soon.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Ventilation-fan switch OK? Turn the ventilation fan up all the way to check?

Old 06-30-2009, 03:10 PM
dinenasty
Unregistered

I'm having the same problem, if I understood your problem correctly. It has been intermittant until recently when I charged the system. The root is that the compressor won't kick on, or will kick on and off at will. I don't think it's a mechanical problem, like a slipping compressor clutch. I am almost certain it's a relay/electrical problem. I purchased a replacement relay from O'Reilly's to replace the a/c relay(s) in the main fuse box, but that did not help. I'm wondering whether the pressure switch ($35 online) is failing. When I was about finished charging the system the other day, it started to act up. When it did, the radiator fans would shut off, the pressure (noted on my charging kit's gauge) increased, and the compressor stopped. There is some sort of connection between the radiator fans (which also keep the condensor cool) and the compressor. By the way, another common problem in this generation is damage to the condensor due to the poor facia design that lets in rocks off of the road. I really hate this car, but that's for another thread.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:50 PM
2003EX
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Ventilation-fan switch OK? Turn the ventilation fan up all the way to check?/QUOTE]

Yes sir, I tried that and nothing at all.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:51 PM
2003EX
Unregistered

Any one else have some idea? How about a wiring diagram, does anyone have one for my vehicle?

Thank you,
Rick

Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 PM

When I was about finished charging the system the other day, it started to act up. When it did, the radiator fans would shut off, the pressure (noted on my charging kit's gauge) increased, and the compressor stopped.
The root is that the compressor won't kick on, or will kick on and off at will

The AC systems have a low and high pressure protection to prevent the compressor damage. You mention that the pressure increased and the compressor disengaged. I am wondering if you have over charged the system or if there is any thing else going on in the line causing over pressure build up.

Quick Reply: A/C is not working (at all)