General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cabin air filter 2002 EX V6

Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
biggie shorty
Unregistered
Default Cabin air filter 2002 EX V6

I've seen lots of how-to websites regarding the replacement of the cabin air filters on Accords, but none specifically for a 2002 Accord EX. I bought the filters and went to do it myself but I haven't found any helpful instructions. I know you have to go through the glove compartment, so here is a picture of it as a way to get started. Any help is much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Cabin air filter 2002 EX V6-glove-compartment.jpg  
Old 03-18-2009, 01:42 PM

I have an '02 myself and will change my filters pretty soon for the first time. I believe there are clips on both sides of the glove compartment and u unclip them and gently pull the glove box down. Inside you'll see the cover for the filters and there should be clips on both sides of that as well. U unclip and pull them out. I'm not 100% sure though as I haven't done it myself. Also, where did u buy your filters? Any brand in specific? how much did they cost? Thanks.

Last edited by Sweagle02; 03-18-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Old 03-18-2009, 02:27 PM
biggie shorty
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Sweagle02
I have an '02 myself and will change my filters pretty soon for the first time. I believe there are clips on both sides of the glove compartment and u unclip them and gently pull the glove box down. Inside you'll see the cover for the filters and there should be clips on both sides of that as well. U unclip and pull them out. I'm not 100% sure though as I haven't done it myself. Also, where did u buy your filters? Any brand in specific? how much did they cost? Thanks.
I live in Jax, so I went to Advance Auto Parts. I got the Purolator BreatheEasy C15390. It was $18.79 for two. I read about the clips online, but when I went to look for them I couldn't find them. Maybe I'm having a Polish moment.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by biggie shorty
I live in Jax, so I went to Advance Auto Parts. I got the Purolator BreatheEasy C15390. It was $18.79 for two. I read about the clips online, but when I went to look for them I couldn't find them. Maybe I'm having a Polish moment.
Click the link Finch posted. Looks more complicated than i thought for the '02 =/

Old 03-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Click the link Finch posted. Looks more complicated than i thought for the '02 =/
Yes, the 03-07 are the easy ones with the flip down glove box door.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
biggie shorty
Unregistered

Yeah I looked at the link. It seems very complicated--then again, I'm not very good with these things. I just wanted to save some money by doing it myself. My regular mechanic wanted $40 for the filters and $42.50 for labor. So I called him today and told him I bought the filters for $19. They don't let you bring in your own parts, but he told me to bring in the receipt and he'll price match me or something. He's a pretty nice guy. They also wanted $100 for headlight lens restoration; I got a $20 kit from the auto parts store and did it myself in 10 minutes. Yayyyyy being unemployed.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by biggie shorty
Yayyyyy being unemployed.
It ain't even about bein unemployed anymore, any middle class working citizen is feelin the same pain. I haven't gone to the barber shop in over 3 months cuz i've been givin myself a fade to save $15 extra a month.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:37 PM

It ain't even about bein unemployed anymore, any middle class working citizen is feelin the same pain. I haven't gone to the barber shop in over 3 months cuz i've been givin myself a fade to save $15 extra a month.
That sucks... I usually rock a **** in the winter/ buzz in the summer... I got my haircut at a salon for the first time in 3 or 4 years a few weeks ago... $15 dolla! Haha.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 PM

Well i have to get a haircut every 2 weeks, i wont even leave my house unless i have a fresh cut,but sadly runs me $40 a month.I need to learn to cut my own hair.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cabin air filter 2002 EX V6