General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car is chocking

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Default RE: car is chocking

no worries.... here's a picture... Do the symptoms change if it's fully warmed up or cold?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3079/D02618C553244DD789C4086029BB38E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-18-2006, 09:59 PM

well hopefully that's enough to at least get the car driveable.... I've gotta run but others will be along shortly, let us know if you find a fix... here's a free manual download to try some troubleshooting too

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Accord/

Old 10-18-2006, 11:54 PM

what about the ecm? do you think that might be it?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:57 PM

nope cause it lit up the mil earlier. I am not sure what my problem is but it still isn't drivable. Any other ideas?

Old 10-19-2006, 02:55 PM

Hey Sir,

I was talking to a mech. today while getting a fuel filter, and I forgot to tell ya but at some point shortly before I started having problems I gave somebody a jump. He asked if I had had my alternator checked out cause it could make the car do what it is doing. I told him no but I had never seen an alternator do something like this. He said if it was only partially messed up due to the jump causing a short or something it could. Now i am not sure whether or not to replace the fuel filter. I am not sure if I would be better off just taking it somewhere and seeing what a diag costs me and maybe getting them to locate the problem then fix it if I can. This is my only car. What do you think?

Old 10-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

check your alt output and make suire that it is at least 13.7V

Old 10-20-2006, 01:40 PM

you can take the car to most auto parts stores and they will test the alternator and battery for free.... if that turns up nothing then you could always take it to a mech.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 PM

Sir, I am shocked, I took it to a mech and they said the engine was blown. I am confused and completely amazed. Do they just blow? give up? Timing was fine no overheat no nothing.

Depressed.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: mjparrie

Sir, I am shocked, I took it to a mech and they said the engine was blown. I am confused and completely amazed. Do they just blow? give up? Timing was fine no overheat no nothing.

Depressed.
ask them exactly what is wrong with the car , why did they say it is blown ?? have it in writing and have them give you an estimate to fix it ,,tell them you will think about it

take car to another shop.. one that specializes in Hondas and see what they say

Old 10-20-2006, 08:23 PM

What they said didn't make sense to me, as I don't think I am completely stupid. lol. Maybe I am. But they said it was shot due to the chambers filling up with oil and bad rings. I asked what they did to it to figure out it was shot. They pulled a plug that had oil in the tube. At this point I am thinking they are crazy cause that is the lower seals that this forum was talking about I just haven't had time to fix it. They said the rings are badly worn, which I know my car burns no oil and that usually is a sign correct? I am starting to think they just didn't want to mess with it. They told me to buy a used engine and go from there. I am like ok great I don't have the $$$ for that. Hell I am not even sure they checked the Alt. out or anything to do with the fuel system, but it didn't seem so.

Quick Reply: car is chocking