General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wont Start! Different case.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:15 AM
Default Car Wont Start! Different case.

After installing the SNHOND3 (directi ipod connection for honda's) in my 2003 Accord I found that I tripped the anti theft and blew a spark plug for the radio. When I replaced the spark plug and entered my radio code, everything was fine until...I found that my car will not start. Does anyone know what is happening? The car sort of just clicks, the headlights dim to almost dark when starting. All spark plugs are ok. Any advice?

Old 01-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Car Wont Start! Different case.

sounds like a battery issue..
chk the cables, make sure that they are clean and tight,, also have the battery and electrical system tested ( weak battery ? )

Old 01-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

I'd have to agree to check the battery terminals and battery
BTW could those 'spark plugs' happen to be FUSES?

Old 01-13-2007, 04:46 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: hondadude

I'd have to agree to check the battery terminals and battery
BTW could those 'spark plugs' happen to be FUSES?
that's what i figured he meant by spark plugs ( fuses ) ,,, ( blew a spark plug ) ...

Old 01-14-2007, 06:30 AM

haha yea I meant to say fuses. I blew out the radio fuse and replaced it. I cleaned the battery connections today and retightened them. After doing that my headlights wont turn on now. The interior lights still work.

Do you guys think I might have activated the immobilizer in the car? The car is not cranking, and is only clicking when I turn the starter.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

if the starter is just 'clicking' the situation sounds like either low power from the battery, or it could be the starter;
If possible try jump starting the car.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:02 AM

I tried jumping a few days back with no change. It didn't do anything. I took the voltage reading of my battery today and it was 12.27V. What does that mean? I know it is 50% of the charge but does that mean I need to replace. The reading was taken when the car was off...obviously. I think I might jsut need to take it into the dealership.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:05 PM

sounds like the battery may be ok.... could be a starter issue, if it was just clicking I doubt it's an immobilizer or anything.... get a ratchet and beat on the side of the starter (the little canister, celenoid) a little bit, not hard enough to put big dents in it or anything then try it again, also check the connections at the starter, if it works then chances are you need a new starter/celenoid, if not we'll move on....

Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 PM

The car is ok now. I called AAA and had them look at my car. It tuns outit wasjust be the battery!! I was relieved but felt pretty stupid. The guy told me it was a combination of the cold weather lately, and the fact that my jumper cables were crap. Thank you guys for all your input. I really appreciate it.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:57 PM

at least it was a cheap fix and hopefully you had towing insurance so that didn't cost you a whole lot... get some better jumper cables! *L*

Quick Reply: Car Wont Start! Different case.