General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate lights stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Default Climate lights stopped working

98 honda accord 2.3 manual
changed couple bulbs in the climate control bout a week later only the lights for defrost etc work anyone got any ideas?

Old 10-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Which bulbs were working and not working before you changed bulbs?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Which bulbs were working and not working before you changed bulbs?
I went to junkyard and got another one thanks. I was looking into getting a chipped ECU which one and where should I get? I have 98 honda accord 2.3 vetc h23a1 manual trans

Old 10-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

I don't modify cars, because it is a very slippery slope that drains your wallet.

There is a sub-forum on modifications where someone with experience may browse and hep you out. This forum is more for repairs.

What are you trying to gain by doing this mod? What are your future plans with modifications?

Old 10-25-2017, 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=PAhonda;377356]I don't modify cars, because it is a very slippery slope that drains your wallet.

There is a sub-forum on modifications where someone with experience may browse and hep you out. This forum is more for repairs.

What are you trying to gain by doing this mod? What are your future plans with modifications?[/QUOTE

im not sure really just a step up from header intake and exhaust not sure what that is lol a turbo would rock but like u said drains the o wallet

Old 10-25-2017, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Disclaimer: I don't do heavy mods either...

You say you have an H23A1 engine (twin-cam)?? That's already non-stock (if you're in USA). What I'm about to say applies if you've already got the ECU that matches that engine.

Usually, a chipped ECU doesn't do much BY ITSELF. If you install something that really influences the need for fuel or spark-timing (for example a radical cam, increase the compression ratio, or something more); then a chipped ECU makes those changes. The chipped ECU doesn't make sense until you install something like that.

Hondas generally have relatively good breathing already, so whatever you can do with intake or exhaust doesn't really require re-mapping your fuel or spark. The range of sensors already on your car can handle that stuff. That is, if you have the sensors and ECU to match your swapped engine.

Compared to the stock F23, your H23 likes to make power at higher RPM. So they are normally used with lower gearing. Do you have a close-ratio gearbox that would have been used with that engine? If you have a stock gearbox from F23, then your gear ratios aren't the best match to the H23. That's completely unrelated to a "chipped" ECU.