General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutches

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:31 PM
aslguy1981
Unregistered
Default Clutches

Howdy all, Aaron here.

Have a question. My current 95 lx wagon is my third accord (absolutely love them all of course!) and the second stick.

Question is this, trying to find the best deal on a clutch (first time having to buy one haha second accord over 200k on original clutch)

only reason replacing, is i have to put a new tranny in as well. im having a very hard time knowing what brands are good quality. I am finding a few really good deals on ebay, for new in box kits, but I don't know if they are worth the money etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated here as i am trying to keep cost under or around 100 bucks since i have yet to get another job lol.

Thanks all!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Default RE: Clutches

I'd go excedy, centerforce, OEM.... Here's a link to one for $125.00 no shipping costs... Here's a list of the minimum parts you want, and that alignment tool is priceless.... If it includes the little bearing that goes in the flywheel (if your car has it, I can't recall what it's called) then that's great too....

1. Pressure Plate
2. Clutch Disc (Friction Plate)
3. Throwout Bearing (Release Bearing)
4. Alignment Tool

http://www.clutchcityonline.com/products/08-014.shtml

Old 02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
aslguy1981
Unregistered

thanks sir nasty! i simply haven't ever had to buy a clutch lol, like i said only reason am now is cus putting a new tranny in so no reason not to haha, only another 75 bucks labor.

course, if it wasn't for some dickwad trucker running me off the interstate at 80 miles an hour haha, wouldn't be having to put a new tranny in.

anyways, thanks for the advice, don't know brands etc. and thanks for the link, however i can get the same exedy clutch on ebay new for 89 bucks, so i think ill go that route.

Thanks again!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 PM

just make sure it's a new clutch and not remanufactured or anything....

Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
aslguy1981
Unregistered

It is and thanks though! its 89 plus 20 for shipping, also, just curious, have you ever heard of BOSS brand? ebay has new in box for 61 bucks, but i dont know anything about clutches (brands etc. always do my own work though) and my friend who owns and runs a tuner shop back home hasn't ever heard of it.

Just curious and thank you so much for all your input man!

Old 02-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Administrator

That's a brand that Ive never heard about, where are they from?

WheelBrokerAng

Old 02-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

get prices on LUK or DAIKIN clutch kits ..I have used either for many years and i am yet to haver a problem,,, make sure to resurface the flywheel when doing a clutch job

Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 PM
aslguy1981
Unregistered

Hey guys, first off, thanks again for all the input!

second, I have absolutely no idea where BOSS is made etc. just its advertised on ebay, a store is selling parts on ebay and they carry the brand, possibly a house brand?

Third, desert, thanks for the advice lol, but only luk i am finding is extremely expensive (for what i can spend) and haven't found any listings for daikin. most of the places that im finding the exedy etc, are dealers for the others as well, so i figure they are alright.

although, its looking like i have to wait to even put the tranny in as i have not been able to get income here in mass yet. lol.

oh well, guess ill just have to keep driving partner's forrester (dang automatic).

thanks for all the input guys, oh and desert, also, no worries about the flywheel, am actually (when i can afford to have all this done now) am going to put in a forged chromoly 11 pounder. so im not worrying about that, but thanks for the reminder!

keep chuggin along everyone!

keep those hondas running, oh, and just for me, please keep the wheel wells washed out haha, its a pet peeve to see the rust starting when it can be avoided so easily lol.

alright, nuff of my b!@#$%ing haha