General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant hoses (replacement)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Default Coolant hoses (replacement)

Have a 92 accord EX 5spd. Just blew the bypass hose. All the other hoses except the upper radiator are original. Can someone tell me what other hoses I need and how difficult they are to change. Car has 170k miles on it. THANKS!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Coolant hoses (replacement)

Hoses are easy to change ..... I changed them all in my accord ..... silicone is stronger than rubber, so that might be a consideration of yours. I got a kit and cut hoses to replace the originals ..... very easy.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:39 AM

I was just out looking at the hoses and one of the heater hoses look like a real pain where it connects to the engine. It's not the one with the coolant shut off valve. It's the other one. Is there an easy way to get at that connection?

Old 09-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Also when you say you got a kit what do you mean and where did you get it? Honda? Thanks!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 AM

Nah .... I got a blue silicone hose kit .... it's just a few rolls of different sizes and a cigar cutter. I took the old hoses off, lined the new hose along side it and cut the length that I needed ..... I didn't do the heater core. I'd imagine that the best way to get at the heater core hoses would be from below the car.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

x2 for doing the heater hoses from below, it still isnt all too fun. I would just pick up some ones made for the application for 30-50 dollars

Old 09-29-2008, 12:01 PM

^^ those ones I agree ...... when I did the blue hoses, there wasn't anything wrong, I just wanted to swap out the 6 year old rubber ones. I left the fuel hoses, AC lines and the heater core alone.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the quick response I thought getting at the heater hose from below would be the way. I was just hopping there might be an easier way. Do you guys think it would be wise to not change the heater hoses. I was just thinking where the bypass hose let go I don't want to have to change the others a couple of months from now. Thanks again!!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

it wouldnt be a bad idea while you are back there, and they arent expensive, just kind of a pain. I would just set a day aside and do everything

Old 09-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Thanks that's what I figured .[&o]
GO RED SOX

Quick Reply: Coolant hoses (replacement)