General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of questions on missing items on my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Default A couple of questions on missing items on my car

Hi everyone.

I just bought a nice used 2007 Accord EX-L yesterday and come to find out it is missing the scissor jack and lug wrench so I started looking on eBay for one. Do different years have different jacks? I assume they do from the ones I see on eBay but I wanted to make sure.
Also, the car has a locking lug nut on each wheel and there is no lug key for it. What is my best option for replacing it? I was going to take it to Honda but I am not sure if that is going to be expensive or not.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Old 08-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'd say that a junkyard may be your best bet for the jack and lug wrench. It looks like the 03-07 accords use the same scissor jack.

Are you planning on replacing the key or using a regular lug nut?

Old 08-02-2015, 03:50 PM

Thanks PAhonda.
I am planning on just replacing the locking lugs with standard lugs as the locking ones really don't slow down a thief.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

You can try removing them yourself. Get the lug nuts and take the car to a shop that does tire service and get the tires rotated. Ask to have the locking nut replaced, since this car is new to you and you don't have the key.

There is a video on how to remove them:

Old 08-07-2015, 07:36 PM

Thanks guys.
I just called Hayward Honda and he said if they are Honda locking lugs he will remove them for free, but if they are aftermarket locking lugs he will charge me $135 which is not going to happen.
I asked how much for four new standard OEM lug nuts and he said four would be $55. Are you kidding me?
What's my best bet at getting four lug nuts fairly cheap without going to a junk yard?

Old 08-09-2015, 01:51 AM

Yeah, Honda wants an 'arm & leg' for lugs, etc
I checked with one of our forum's sponsors (Carid) but could not locate lugs, however there are many available to select from @ Amazon:

Last edited by redbull-1; 08-09-2015 at 01:55 AM. Reason: link removed.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeVB
Thanks guys.
I just called Hayward Honda and he said if they are Honda locking lugs he will remove them for free, but if they are aftermarket locking lugs he will charge me $135 which is not going to happen.
I asked how much for four new standard OEM lug nuts and he said four would be $55. Are you kidding me?
What's my best bet at getting four lug nuts fairly cheap without going to a junk yard?
Have you tried a parts store? There are a couple of options based upon the wheel option so you might want to take one with you to be sure you get the right "seat" to the wheel.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:07 PM

Thanks Poorman212, I bought some OEM lugnuts on eBay for $20 and I am going to just pound my Craftsman 24mm socket onto them and remove them. Lifetime warranty on the sockets so any damage and I'll take it back to Sears.

What branch of service is your avatar?

Old 08-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeVB
What branch of service is your avatar?
That is a picture of my oldest son just after he graduated from OCS, USMC.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
That is a picture of my oldest son just after he graduated from OCS, USMC.
Be sure to thank him for his service for me my friend.
My son has been in the USMC for 10 years and is a SSgt and a Drill Instructor at Parris Island, SC.

Quick Reply: A couple of questions on missing items on my car