General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
2001EXCoupeguy
Unregistered
Default Cruise Control Issues

I have a 2001 Accord EX 2.3L 5 Speed. I was on the highway and set my cruise control as usual. It worked for a second then shut off. I thought it might be a simple fuse, so i replaced, but no dice. I then took it to my honda dealer and they diagnosed it as the actuator, but when they replaced it, nothing?. Next, I replaced the controller, but still nothing? I also took apart the thing on the steering wheel and the circuit board inside shows no signs of being bad. Any help would be great.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Default RE: Cruise Control Issues

did you check your cable adjustments? any speedometer issues?

Old 08-04-2007, 02:23 PM
2001EXCoupeguy
Unregistered

When I installed the actuator I didn't have to alter the cable adjustment. The speedometer works fine. I guess there is a speed sensor on the tranny, but the dealership said that the check engine light will come on if that isn't working, and the light isn't on.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:25 PM

That's exactly why I was asking about the speedo.... the VSS on the tranny can screw up your cruise but that usually throws a code.... Has the fuse blown again since you replaced it? Do your brake lights work like normal (check them) I believe there is a switch above the brake, clutch and throttle pedals that if broken or adjusted improperly will cancel the cruise.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Does the cruise set if you pull up on the brake pedal with your foot.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 AM

ORIGINAL: 2001EXCoupeguy

. I then took it to my honda dealer and they diagnosed it as the actuator, but when they replaced it, nothing?.
let me get this straight, the dealer diagnose AND replaced the atuator ?? if so, take it back to them and let them fix it for free from now on ,, (mis diagnosed waste of your money ) or let them give you the money back that you spent on diagnose and repairs since it did not fix the problem...
Did they not test drive the car ?? what did they say aftert they replaced the actuator and did not solve the problem ??
try what Chio adviced.. and also pull up on the clutch pedal with your foot ,, try them both (1 at a time of course ).. I have seen a lot of those misadjusted switches shut down the cruise ..
does the indicator lite stay on ?

Old 08-05-2007, 06:39 PM
2001EXCoupeguy
Unregistered

I drove around and tried to pull up on the pedals but there really isn't any play to work with. I do see the switches you are talking about. The brake lights work fine. Are there fuses for these switches. My friend and I did adjust the clutch pedal once, but that was months before the cruise stopped working?

Old 08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
junior66780
Unregistered

+1 for brake switch adjustment, but i'd take it back to the dealer that didn't fix it.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
2001EXCoupeguy
Unregistered

What do you mean by +1?

Old 08-05-2007, 09:43 PM

means he agrees.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Issues