General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Default Decisions

Hi Honda Forum members,

Just found out that I need a new clutch and clutch master for my 93' accord ex 2.2, 5 speed, with 157k miles. Along with that, they've listed that my car will eventually need sway bar brushings, CV boot (passenger side, but it's not making any noise yet), induction, sway bar, front mount, and rocker arm o-rings, non of which they said are crucial, just the clutch and master. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the 950.0 to get the clutch replaced knowing this. Also, the car had a head gasket replacement at 140k, according to the guy who sold me the car. Argh, Life aint cheap. As is I've already put 400 into this car, purchased not too long ago. Any help would be great. Let me know what you think,

Michael

Old 04-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

$950 for clutch disc and master cylinder? A clutch is $90 new and a slave is $25 new. so its $835 in labor to replace them? You are getting ripped off by the sounds of it.

As for the other jobs, sway bar bushings are about $10, cv boot maybe $20, not sure what you mean by "induction". Also don't know why a sway bar would need to be replaced.

To me it sounds like the shop is trying to milk as much money out of you as possible.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Administrator

And I for one also agree with Rice..

Old 04-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i agree with LIVE2 ,,,,,,,,$ 950 it a bit too steep,,
kit is around $ 90-120 depends on brand and master cyl is around $ 30-60 again depends on brand but the shop is got to make some money on the parts as well, they cannot sell it to you for what they buy it for,, labor to do both is around 6 to 6.5 hrs ,, so depends on their hourly labor rate that is your total in labor also you got to add tranny fluid ,brake fluid, rear main seal, and a flywheel resurface,,,,,,,,,

ask them what the labor rate is and cost to do both jobs and ask them if you can bring your own parts .......also if it needs a cv boot this is the time to do it, cause axle needs to be removed to replace clutch anyway , so labor should be hardly any,, non factory boot kit , ( boot, grease, bands) is around 10 dollars ,,