General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for deserthonda or lightshow

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Default for deserthonda or lightshow

i just did a search on frames, and one member had talked about tires plus. tires plus actually told me that i had a bent spindle, and i went with that story at honda. so, tires plus couldn't align my car, but honda aligned it, but i highly doubt they aligned it. this place called boubin was able to align it somewhat. and, then i got some new tires cause the other new tires i had, had bad belts. thankfully, i actually got a refund and better tires on their from sam's club! anyways, tires plus is bad they balanced my car and the shimmy was still there! $36 down the drain well they rotated the tires, which are directional. anyways, got an alignment done at sears. and, the camber i know on hondas is not adjustable. but, a lot of front wheel drive cars have camber specs which can't get modified unless you have a camber kit.

well, i was thinking that there is a possibility that my frame could also be bent. because the side fender on both sides is dented up a little. and, i know i am going to get some body work done in the spring, since out here in the midwest the weather will be pretty bad. but, deserthonda you had mentioned that body shops/collision centers fix up the body and straighten out the frame if it is necessary.

my car is a 99 accord ex emerald green with 128,000 miles on it! great car. also, what's your suggestion on tuneups? get it done at a dealer? price quotes would be highly appreciated.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Default RE: for deserthonda or lightshow

ok the front left camber is -1.0 degrees. front left caster is 2.3 which it was before as well, so no problems there. left toe was off so they aligned it to -0.04 degrees. specified range for camber is -1 degrees to 1 degrees according to the work order i got printed out. i can fill you guys in with the manual later. right camber is at -0.5 degrees, right caster is at 2.2 degrees. right toe is at -0.03 degrees. so the sai i believe i was reading on google or something stands for steering axis inclination. so, on the left that is at 7.3 degrees, and on the right that is 8.1 degrees. the included angle on the front left is 6.3 degrees and on the front right it is at 7.6 degrees. the honda manual didn't say anything about sai, i thought i would just throw that one out there, which was from the work order i received. the rear left camber is -1.1 degrees and the specified range according to the work order should be -1.0 degrees to 0.0 degrees. the rear left tow is 0.08 degrees, specified range should be between 0.00 degrees to 0.16 degrees.

rear right camber is -1.0 degrees, so that's allright. the te for the rear right is 0.07 degrees. cross camber is at -0.1 degrees, total toe is 0.15 degrees and the thrust angle is at 0.01 degrees.

based on my knowledge, i am guessing that the camber is the big issue on the front left, but not too big of an issue. it is slightly off. any thoughts deserthonda or lightshow?

Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Looks like they got it aligned fairly decent. -1 degree of camber or a little more should be fine.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:41 PM

thanks, yeah i know that like before i got the alignment done, that usually it should pull slightly to the left, cause before my car was really pulling to the right. apparently, a message group on google way back when said that a lot of honda owners had problems with buying new tires, and having them aligned. so, i guess the moral of the story is if you can get your car aligned do it! camber is unadjustable, and man i have learned so much about alignment thanks to you guys. its nice!