General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disabling the ABS on a 1994 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Default Disabling the ABS on a 1994 Accord

I've had my accord for about 8K miles without the ABS working. It makes a vibrating noise under the hood constantly, which i know is coming from the ABS unit. I'm am curious whether or not i have to disconnect something under the hood, where the ABS fuses are. Or if there is somewhere else where i can disconnect it.

I have looked elsewhere on how to disable this and no one is very clear. So I appreciate any help i can get.

Thanks.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:59 PM

under the hood, on the passenger side strut tower, there's the main fuse box... very near that, there's another, smaller box that contains the abs goodies... pull the relay from that smaller box and it should disable the ABS pump, assuming there's not a short in the wiring somewhere after the relay... here's a drawing of what i'm talking about... good luck

Attached Thumbnails Disabling the ABS on a 1994 Accord-abs.jpg  
Old 01-17-2010, 01:35 PM

Oh alright. Thank you. it did disable the pump. Now i just have to try and figure how to turn off the light XD

Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 PM

pull the cluster out and remove the bulb? lol...

Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM

Oh alright. I guess i'll have to try that once i get behind the dash. Thank you.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:27 PM

I have a 95 ex and i have the same problem. I had no idea at first how to fix the problem so i bought dot fluid and it wouldnt take the fluid so i just pulled the fuse or relay (whatever the big square one is in the fuse box) Anyone know why the abs pump would just suddenly stop working like that? I believe i might have read this but are our gen accords notorious for this abs problem?

Since the abs doesnt work, would it be safe to pull the abs unit out without and problems with my brakes? I just noticed the guys at righthanddrivejapan.com pull their abs units out of the wagons so i figure it would be safe for my car, right?

And im soo getting one of these wagons in a couples years when i have some money lol

Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 PM

I think they are. Along with the lights in the dash going out, and the power windows dying out.

Are you trying to disable the ABS?

Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM

Well the ABS is already disabled cause i pulled the relay. Even before i pulled the relay it wouldnt work or stopped working. Just buzzed for 30 seconds when i started the car. Oh well. I live in chicago and i do fine without it in snow or any inclement weather. I had to lock up my brakes once cause some jagoff cut me off and the car managed the situation really well without abs and i had three people in the car too. I did end up warping one of my brake caliper brackets after it happened tho. I was just askin about getting rid of it cause just to have a cleaner engine bay.

My power windows are on their way to crapping out too.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 PM

Yeah my ABS stopped working before i pulled the wires. So i was already used to the braking in winter condition without it. Minnesota has some pretty harsh winters XD.

Is it the driver window that's dying out?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM

I have a 2 door but both windows are slow. My passenger one is slower.

Quick Reply: Disabling the ABS on a 1994 Accord