General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers side window 97 accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 PM
mikesvolta
Unregistered
Default Drivers side window 97 accord

I am having a problem with my automatic drivers side window in a 97 4 door honda accord. It's been kind of slowing down for a while. Sometimes especially when its cold i have to pull it up or it takes a while to get up. A few weeks ago it stopped about half way up so I checked the fuses which were fine then i came out later and was able to pull it up the rest of the way while operating the switch. Yesterday i rolled it down and haven't been able to get it past half way since. It rolls down and back up to half way but no further. Ive tried pulling it up and it won't budge. I'm pretty sure the switch is good. The fuses are for sure good. I pulled the door apart to try and fix it. I have a repair manual but its not very clear. I can't figure out for sure where the regulator is, and how to get to it. Or even how to determine for sure that it is the problem. Is there anyone who can help me with this. Are there any detailed pictures or diagrams available online?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 PM

same problem, its the window regulator (#10). fairly easy to replace, a little pricy though. all you have to do is take off the door panel(s).
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...NT+DOOR+WINDOW

hope that helps.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 AM
mikesvolta
Unregistered

Ok that's what i figured. Is there a way to be sure before I buy the part, or is that definately the problem? It looks like they have them on ebay for like 40 bucks...

Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 AM

Something that might buy you some time on the regulator replacement is lubing the window track. Go to the parts store and buy a can of silicone spray lube. Roll the window down and run a soapy wet towel along the rear edge of the window run channel(where the glass slides). You should get lots of dirt on the towel. Keep wiping the run channel with the towel until you stop getting dirt. Dry the run channel and then lube with a healthy amount of silicone. Don't worry about getting it on the paint it won't hurt it. Spray enough into the run channel so that it will actually drip out of the bottom of the door. Then run the window up and see if that helps. Lube both tracks, but since there is so little track on the front edge of the window it is real hard to clean the front track.