General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

At the end of my rope

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 02:46 PM
fireman_415
Unregistered
Default At the end of my rope

I have a 92 Honda Accord That I love. I had no problems out of this car in 3 years, the clutch went out in it and I had a shop put a new clutch in. When I recieved the car back, I drove down the road and all the dash lights came on and the car shut down and stereo shut off and then it all would go back to normal. It has been in 3 differant shops and no one knows what it is. They keep working on the grounds and same thing. Now the car is broke down again, When you push the clutch in it makes a clicking noise under the dash and won't turn over and when you let the clutch out it will crank over but will not start.....I am about to explode.....PLEASE HELP.

Old 05-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Default RE: At the end of my rope

That's pretty messed up, it does sound electical though...never had any problems like that though, there are a few technicians on here that may be able to help. It's harder to diagnose weird problems with out ahve access to the car (to watch the problem occur.)

Old 05-31-2005, 03:05 PM
fireman_415
Unregistered

I understand but I have had this car into a local Honda dealership and 3 electric shops and still same problem, know one knows.

Old 05-31-2005, 03:16 PM

Sounds like a lot of $$$ for no real progress.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: fireman_415

I have a 92 Honda Accord That I love. I had no problems out of this car in 3 years, the clutch went out in it and I had a shop put a new clutch in. When I recieved the car back, I drove down the road and all the dash lights came on and the car shut down and stereo shut off and then it all would go back to normal. It has been in 3 differant shops and no one knows what it is. They keep working on the grounds and same thing. Now the car is broke down again, When you push the clutch in it makes a clicking noise under the dash and won't turn over and when you let the clutch out it will crank over but will not start.....I am about to explode.....PLEASE HELP.

mmm how about an alternator faiure.

do you know how to diagnose bad laternator and/or battery?

Old 05-31-2005, 05:00 PM
fireman_415
Unregistered

At one of the electric shops they had replaced the alt. with a brand new one.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:24 PM
fireman_415
Unregistered

Oh and the batt. is new also.

Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 PM

then you have an open wire circuit somewhere -

Theres a switch that tells the car that the clutch is depressed so it's OK to start.
Check that circuit.

I'm not sure this problem is related to the clutch replacement....but everything is possible

Old 06-01-2005, 11:33 AM
fireman_415
Unregistered

Is the switch you are talking about, is it the neutral safety switch or do you know which switch, The only reason I ask is because I have asked this question to one of the Honda tech's at the local Honda dealership and his response was in 16 years I have never had one go out , I do not believe they had checked it.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:27 AM

Sound like a short problem of some kind....

Quick Reply: At the end of my rope