General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Default Engine Vibration

Hi,

I recently got the Timing Belt, Water Pump, Couple of other belts changed by a mechanic on my 1999 Honda Accord. He used genuine Honda parts. He is actually an ex-honda dealership currently working at a Acura dealership mechanic.

Ever since these parts have been replaced I've been noticing that the engine is lot more noisy and vibrates more. When I start the Engine it makes too much noise. And when I stop at a signal or stop sign I can feel the vibrations lot more. Is this normal? Or did my mechanic screw up something?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Engine Vibration

There are several possible errors he could have made; balance shafts are mistimed w/ crankshaft, motor mounts not properly retightened (engine is usually lowered for access to T'belts, and must be raised to retighten driver's side mount),damaged vacuum line or vacuum solenoid that supplies vacuum to rear motor mount vibration dampener circuit.

Since vibration started w/ his work, I would ask him to correct problem ordiagnose why the vibration would beginsimultaneously w/completion of his work and not be related to his work.

good luck

Old 01-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Check simple things too. If the exhaust flex joint was getting ready to leak, then unbolting the mounts & movingthe engine may have made it crack.

Alignment of exhaust pipe anyway? It might be hitting the floorpan even if its not leaking.

PS... vacuum-operated rear mount is only on auto-tranny cars. Do you have auto or manual??

Old 01-16-2009, 01:37 PM

had the same problem, it was the balancer belt timeing off a bit, will need a tear down to correct the problem, many take this bal belt timeing too lightly, make em fix it and dont listen to a bunch of bs, they told me it was motor mounts but it didntnt happen until they worked on it, as i said make em fix it right
Frank Allen 92 accord

Old 01-17-2009, 12:23 PM

how about letting us know what the fix was or is ??? i went through hell with this problem , and spent a lot of time and money. so im interested in what takes place .
Frank Allen