General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flashing D light on inst panel

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default flashing D light on inst panel

i have a 1993 honda accord 2.2 we put 2 cams in it only to find out the head is bad so i bought one from the junk yard put it on the car runs good and all but the D-light on the instment panel on the dash flashes and when it does the car will not start i took the control mod out had it checked and it was good. when you drive the car it runs good till you stop and when you take off its like it dont have gas it dont shut off but you push the petal down to the floor it takes off any help with the flashing drive light and take off please. sorry if i posted this in the wrong place im still learning this forum again thanks

Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Flashing D light means a trans code is stored.

No Check Engine Light (CEL)? Does CEL come on when keyswitch is turned to On and then turn off?

good luck

Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default D light

ok the d light no longer blinks but you dont want to have to take off in a hurry cause it acts like it is bogging down and when it changes gears ive noticed the rpm gage jumps around the check engine light does come on when you turn the key on and goes off im not getting any kind of codes the car runs good other then the bogging down any suggestions thank yall

Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 PM

Check for trans codes anyway. Some codes don't cause D4 light to blink.

By "bogging" do you mean failure to accelerate, rpm going up w/o acceleration, engine missing, or other.

good luck

Old 07-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Newest Of Newbies

is there a test you can run on a distburtor to see if its bad can a auto parts store check it i had this problem before and it was the moduler in the distubator but now they say its good

Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Newest Of Newbies

o the rpm gage dont jump around all the time right when it gets ready to change out gears by the way its a automatic 2.2 thanks didnt have this problem before we changed the head out and by bogging i mean its like its geeting to much gas or not enough so it has to catch up if that makes since the car dont die you push down hard on the gas paddle and it catches up? thanks yall

Old 07-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

The codes are stored, so check for the transmission codes.

Open the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum. Then click on the link for checking engine codes. That is the same procedure for transmission codes, except you count the D4 light.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ok next question is there a special tool i need to check for the codes or can i just drive it to auto zone and they chec it or is there a simple way to do it please point me in the right dir i know my way around cars just when it comes to the ele parts not so much thank yall for all the help HAPPY 4TH

Old 07-05-2013, 06:50 AM

See following youtube video:

Report back what codes you find.

good luck

Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default codes

thank you so much i will go do what eric said and i will post what codes i got THANKS

Quick Reply: flashing D light on inst panel