General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper side duct location

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Front bumper side duct location

Hi guys,
I'm back again posting another question. Almost close but not that much into finishing my project. Can anyone please tell me where these parts go? I ordered both sides but cannot figure out how to place them.Its #6 and #10 from the attached picture. I'm gonna upload picture of the car i'm working on.
BTW its a 2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan.
Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails Front bumper side duct location-t2a4b4600.gif  
Old 12-04-2015, 01:44 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Anyone?

Old 12-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

I think a picture of the front of the car and the parts will help.

Are these parts for replacement of the original bumper or did you get a different style bumper?

Old 12-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Sorry for the late reply. I'm just replacing the original parts. It had front left damage from accident when i bought it. The bumper i bought is original too. These parts go before i install the bumper. But cant figure out where exactly they go. Anyway i'm attaching pictures of the front end with whats left to do with the parts that i'm having a problem with.

Attached Thumbnails Front bumper side duct location-img_3236.jpg   Front bumper side duct location-img_3237.jpg   Front bumper side duct location-img_3239.jpg   Front bumper side duct location-1.jpg   Front bumper side duct location-fullsizerender.jpg  

Old 12-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Was the bumper already off when you got it....just wondering if you have any idea where the old ducts were during removal.

Anyway, here is my guess as to where the puzzle pieces might fit.

The ducts have stamping of "LH" and "RH" - remember RIGHT HAND (RH) would be the right passenger side of the car.

So your 4th pic had some interesting "curves/valleys" molded into it. Based upon the "parts drawing" pic (first post) there is a "push pin" at the top of the duct(s). In all of the pic's I can't really find where the two lower "screws" might go.

To me, take the pass/right (RH) duct and see if it fits about where the upper AC line is on the ac condenser. In my edited pic of yours (pic 1) I can see the square hole where a "push pin" type of fastener might go......again my best guess at this point. You might have to just try holding the piece in different places on the front of the car until you start to see where it starts to "find a home".....

Attached Thumbnails Front bumper side duct location-2013-accord-bumper.jpg  
Old 12-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I'll try that spot and let you know.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Along the same lines as Poorman, my guess is those air dams direct air to the a/c condenser and radiator. I think they will go between the headlight and the a/c condenser.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks guys all of you for your help. i'll install it tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ivans10
Thanks guys all of you for your help. i'll install it tomorrow.
Please post pic's if and when you figure out where they go.....this is one where I'd really like to know the "end of the story"

Old 02-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hi, I just put the parts in 2 weeks back. I have attached pics of the same. The left side was pretty easy with less trouble. The right hand side was a pain, bent it a little and also ended up breaking the a/c receiver pipe while installing it cause I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing headlights and other stuff.I just pushed them from underneath. Anyway I have a target to finish the project within this month.
Thanks for your help guys.

Attached Thumbnails Front bumper side duct location-honda.jpg   Front bumper side duct location-img_3977.jpg   Front bumper side duct location-img_3979.jpg   Front bumper side duct location-img_3980.jpg  

Quick Reply: Front bumper side duct location